looked 205 at it pics here, opinions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looked 205 at it pics here, opinions?
That things f*cked, asking 400 quid is taking the piss.

If he refuses your offer then walk away, no-one else will give him anything near that - he'll probs get £100 scrap, and thats if he has a trailer to take it down there.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 02:37 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: That things f*cked, asking 400 quid is taking the piss.

If he refuses your offer then walk away, no-one else will give him anything near that - he'll probs get £100 scrap, and thats if he has a trailer to take it down there.

Its not that bad. Why does everyone think just because theres a bit of rust its scrap if everyone had that attitude there wouldnt be any classics on the road.
Yea its not worth 400 but its not scrap
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 02:37 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: That things f*cked, asking 400 quid is taking the piss.

He's a farmer so no doubt he will have a way to get it to scrappy, told him he be better using it as field car.

Gonna sleep on it and decide think if he will take £200 I'm defo interested as long as I can get it to mine. If not I won't bother as much as I do really like it even tho it is very rusty lol

Thanks given by:
At 200 its not to bad tbh that is is easily managable (altho you havent looked behind the headlights or front bumper yet) you say you can weld so the job really isnt that big ince you have the equipment.

Wouldnt be a project if there was nothing to do Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 02:59 PM)td_dan Wrote: Wouldnt be a project if there was nothing to do Smile

ExactlyBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Defo not worth more than £200 as that car is basically scrap so your paying scrap value and £100 for the honor of owning something so rare (poodle said there isnt alot of these left)

As long as your prepared to do ALOT of welding you'll be fine but someone once told me that rusty cars are like icebergs, you only see the tip of the iceberg till you start looking deeper when your fixing it then you'll find its 5-10 times the amount of rust you thought there was. This was true with my 106.

(17-10-2013, 10:41 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Thought bouncing speedo needle was standard issue on cars this old? Lol
Its a sticky throttle cable, had it on my 106. Its a really easy fix to run a new cable and they only cost about £15.
Thanks given by:
£200 is a FAIR offer IMO considering its been stood three years...

Pretty much all the suspension/brakes is going to need at least looking at and the rust, well thats another matter altogether!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
£200 is more than fair, as said before, there will be more rust where you wouldnt think.

Take this for example, bro in law bought it for £500 with no MOT.. 2 holes in the sills.

We stripped it, it HAD to be scrapped, was too far gone.

Pics arent working but I THINK this pic shows it? Red mk2 golf
[Image: b895b76e62c3052d56fef218b16ee1eb_zps320b97a6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't offer anymore, I wouldn't pay much more than scrap tbh
Thanks given by:
I do expect to find more rust when boot floor is like that. Just see what happens the guy said he got some one else going to look at it he is coming from London he's seen no pics or any thing think he is in for a shock when he gets to it.

I'm gonna ring the guy tomorrow tell him my offer stands at £200 and leave it with him see if he takes it or not as gonna cost a few quid for me to get it Home as I'm not sure I wanna tow it can imagine pulling towing eye off lol

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 04:28 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I do expect to find more rust when boot floor is like that. Just see what happens the guy said he got some one else going to look at it he is coming from London he's seen no pics or any thing think he is in for a shock when he gets to it.

I'm gonna ring the guy tomorrow tell him my offer stands at £200 and leave it with him see if he takes it or not as gonna cost a few quid for me to get it Home as I'm not sure I wanna tow it can imagine pulling towing eye off lol

Well if you need a hand shifting it I can give you my mates number who picked the '6 up.

Could be a good project car. But as mentioned rust is like ice berg.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Kent will keep it in mind it's not far from my house only like 3 mile so see what I can do if he accepts my offer.

Really fell in love with the idea of a 205 now so if I don't get this one gonna look for I better example maybe next year when I've saved some money up Smile

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 06:07 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Thanks Kent will keep it in mind it's not far from my house only like 3 mile so see what I can do if he accepts my offer.

Really fell in love with the idea of a 205 now so if I don't get this one gonna look for I better example maybe next year when I've saved some money up Smile

Id defferntly go for a better one. By the time you dont welding and changed doors going to want painting.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=205+stdt

108 still on the road and 104 sorn.
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 06:46 PM)adamm306 Wrote: http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=205+stdt

Not many at all then really, really needs saveing this one does Wink Lol

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 07:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 06:46 PM)adamm306 Wrote: http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=205+stdt

Not many at all then really, really needs saveing this one does Wink Lol

If i had the space and the knowledge i'd love to drop a xud in a nice 3dr 205. stdt's are hard to come by
Thanks given by:
I no defo are all the more reason to buy this!

Please stop saying good things about it cos we'll end up buying it for alot more than I want to lol

Thanks given by:
i can't these old pugs are to hard to resist Sad
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 08:00 PM)adamm306 Wrote: i can't these old pugs are to hard to resist Sad

Ha ha to right Undecided

Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 08:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 08:00 PM)adamm306 Wrote: i can't these old pugs are to hard to resist Sad

Ha ha to right Undecided

What's so good about the stdt?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Don't no just love it. Probably the fact it has the gti Kit as standard other than that not much I don't think

Thanks given by:
It has GTI body kit, GTI suspension, rev counter, water temp, GTI dash (comes all way down to gear stick unlike pov specs).

Might have slightly bigger/better brakes on too but not 100% certain.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 09:03 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 08:25 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Ha ha to right Undecided

What's so good about the stdt?

It's a 205. That's what makes it good
Thanks given by:
Id check for more rust, if the boot floor is that bad i dread to think what it looks like if you jacked it up and had a prod. Personally i would avoid it, but if you want to do the work and it is is only the boot floor and you can get it for 200 (i'd push for less tbh) then it might be worth getting to you.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 09:40 PM)silverzx Wrote: It has GTI body kit, GTI suspension, rev counter, water temp, GTI dash (comes all way down to gear stick unlike pov specs).

Might have slightly bigger/better brakes on too but not 100% certain.

Oooo didn't no all that, handy to no Smile

(17-10-2013, 10:00 PM)Tom Wrote: Id check for more rust, if the boot floor is that bad i dread to think what it looks like if you jacked it up and had a prod. Personally i would avoid it, but if you want to do the work and it is is only the boot floor and you can get it for 200 (i'd push for less tbh) then it might be worth getting to you.

Tbh is rust really so much of a big issue? I no it's not ideal but it can all be welded up as as long as its done right it should be all good and strong again?

I do agree that I'm sure the small holes are gonna turn in to a massive hole I pretty much expect all the boot floor to need replacing. The inner rear archs looked extremely clean no rust there was just the boot floor, I did glance under it didn't look bad but you never no what's under that underseal.

Tbh I just trying to talk my self in to it even more, probably regret it when it's on the front and I'm spending every spare minute welding and cutting it lol

Thanks given by:
tbh chris, my rover metros arse end and rear inner arch was worse, than that. we managed to patch the boot floor and weld in a second hand inner arch. tbh i think mine would have been scrapped if it wasnt for what the model of metro it was.
you could get boot floor sections from a scrapper and weld them into place. or use the car as a donor and buy a better 205 and reshell it. at least you have the full lot and make one decent one out of the two.
Thanks given by:
You have a metro? You didnt mention it
Thanks given by:
Chris don't buy it. The 6' was relatively an easy job and you soon gave up on that. We're just not talking about welds here it's been stood 3 years you can some rack the bill up replacing suspension brakes tyres etc etc.

If your really really thinking of buying it I don't mind coming along and having a look and show you what could need doing. seen a few 205's with mots that are rotten to hell!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:47 PM)Stephen Wrote: You have a metro? You didnt mention it

yeah its red, and its rotten.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 11:06 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris don't buy it. The 6' was relatively an easy job and you soon gave up on that. We're just not talking about welds here it's been stood 3 years you can some rack the bill up replacing suspension brakes tyres etc etc.

If your really really thinking of buying it I don't mind coming along and having a look and show you what could need doing. seen a few 205's with mots that are rotten to hell!

I may take you up on that offer, i do no what your saying about the 6 but i just had no love for it several reasons i wouldn't be able to use it once it was done would use to much fuel and insurance be to much. So thats the reason i gave up with that, but with the 205 i can get insured (pretty cheap only £8 a month more than 106!) thats cheaper than what a 306 would cost me on insurance. Plus i would have the satisfaction of restoring a 205. Yer i think its not gonna be easy but got it all planed in my head.

Wanna completely strip it and weld every last bit of rust up and then under seal it all so its protected for time to come, if im doing the welding my self its not gonna cost massive amounts can use my dads welder just but the gas and wire and steel probably be £100-150 max depending how much more rust i find. Then yer all bushes etc are gonna want changing. I think it would be a labour of love more than thinking about money tbh.

BUT! as all you guys no me chances are i will buy it get fed up with it and end up selling/brakeing it lmao just think theres less chance of that happening if i no i can use the car once its fixed up.

(17-10-2013, 10:40 PM)procta Wrote: tbh chris, my rover metros arse end and rear inner arch was worse, than that. we managed to patch the boot floor and weld in a second hand inner arch. tbh i think mine would have been scrapped if it wasnt for what the model of metro it was.
you could get boot floor sections from a scrapper and weld them into place. or use the car as a donor and buy a better 205 and reshell it. at least you have the full lot and make one decent one out of the two.

(18-10-2013, 12:05 AM)procta Wrote:
(17-10-2013, 10:47 PM)Stephen Wrote: You have a metro? You didnt mention it

yeah its red, and its rotten.

lmao

Yer if people dont save these old cars that are rotten there's gonna be no classics as they will all have rotted away.

Thanks given by: