Road Rage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Rage
Picked up my son from nursery earlier, teacher pulled me to one side, apparently, he was playing in one of those push along cars (fred flintstone jobby) and might have got in an accident a bit - crashed into another kid in a similar car...lol

bad thing being the other kid got out, pulled my son out of his car, bit him really hard on the arm, got in his car and 'drove' off... basically a kindergarden car jacking! i was like wtf, what's that kid gonna be like in a real car when he's older?

just made me think about the times i've been (unfortunately) the target of actual road rage, i've been reversed into on purpose at some traffic lights (for no reason other than he thought my car was crap and he could claim it was me at fault)
and as couple of times people have overtaken me in a 30 zone and then slammed the brakes on.

anyone else had any experiences they'd rather not have had because of an angry person behind the wheel?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Awaits Connor...
Thanks given by:
should of got connor to come sort it out lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Sorry but i have just majorly lol'd at what is effectively a children's enactment of a car jacking on GTA
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
sounds like someone's been playing to much GTA.

i get terrible road rage sometimes.
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
lol darcy wouldn't be allowed to play gta, and i hope the other kid wouldn't be allowed either, they're 4 and 3 years old.. but yea secretly i lol'd too
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I get road rage because the entire road network seems to be full of inconsiderate lady gardens. I cant stand inconcideracy.
Thanks given by:
I used to suffer with rage hardcore that once it saw me chase some one all the way up the m11.
I was really bad when i was in my early 20's. Now im in my 30's ive calmed down a lot.
Its just not worth the agro, i do get impatient but not violent and psyco like my younger days.
People lose lives due to this stuff, you mess with the wrong person at the wrong time and ur finito.
It only takes the other driver to be armed and its a whole different ball game, fists v guns and knives aint happening.

So when ur behind the wheel, think before that hand gesture, think before u wind ur window to give the fing and blinding. Because if you dont make it through then a family will lose a son, a brother , a boyfriend, a husband a father and so on. This shit is deep and real, so keep a cool head on the road.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I get road rage because the entire road network seems to be full of inconsiderate lady gardens. I cant stand inconcideracy.
The irony of what you're saying is outstanding.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:27 PM)Scott Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 08:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I get road rage because the entire road network seems to be full of inconsiderate lady gardens. I cant stand inconcideracy.

lol
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:27 PM)Scott Wrote:

Difference is, I'm not an inconsiderate lady garden. I will show my displeasure to those that are though - as long as it only inconveniences them and no one else. Wink

I am genuinely amazed at the amount of people that don't understand give way lines for example.....its not a difficult concept to wait for a car or two that are on a main road doing 45+ to pass before pulling out slowly and then only doing 30mph themselves is it? I was always taught if someone else will have to brake because of a manoeuvre you do - don't bloody do it!
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 06:48 PM)John1.4 Wrote: Picked up my son from nursery earlier, teacher pulled me to one side, apparently, he was playing in one of those push along cars (fred flintstone jobby) and might have got in an accident a bit - crashed into another kid in a similar car...lol

bad thing being the other kid got out, pulled my son out of his car, bit him really hard on the arm, got in his car and 'drove' off... basically a kindergarden car jacking! i was like wtf, what's that kid gonna be like in a real car when he's older?

just made me think about the times i've been (unfortunately) the target of actual road rage, i've been reversed into on purpose at some traffic lights (for no reason other than he thought my car was crap and he could claim it was me at fault)
and as couple of times people have overtaken me in a 30 zone and then slammed the brakes on.

anyone else had any experiences they'd rather not have had because of an angry person behind the wheel?
As an extremely far travelled and (mostly) competent HGV driver with over 30 years driving large vehicles in over 60 countries, I have had more than my fair share of such incidents. The most notable being in Germany, where a very irate farmer charged at my oversize 82 ft long 125 tonne load with one of those weird three wheel tractors they use a lot over there.... It turns out that two days before, the guy taking the load before me drove over his favourite dog which was sleeping in the grass at the roadside! He must have thought it was me. He hit the side of the load, ( part of a tbm), snpped his front wheel off, flew over the steering wheel and landed face first in the dust! Needless to say I pml, and drove off. Result....Inanimate objects1, homo sapien 0!
Thanks given by:
I get it far too much, mostly when I'm on the board or the bike. I tend to tell people to go f*ck off or to just stick to breathing as its all they are good at.
Thanks given by:
Used to be awful, very rarely get that wound up these days, although taking my keys and slapping me in the face did the job on Sunday. Wink

Its not worth it, of someone else wants to drive like a dick thats up to them, retaliating makes you just as bad as them if not worse.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 06:50 PM)vlj Wrote: Awaits Connor...

You werent even there lol

Other people know my policy on road rage
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2013, 12:55 PM)Connor Wrote:

"CONNOR SMASH..!"
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
If someone gets out their car ɑnd charges at my car! I take that as Iam under attack!! Ɑnd I react accordingly!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2013, 08:49 PM)welshpete Wrote: As an extremely far travelled and (mostly) competent HGV driver with over 30 years driving large vehicles in over 60 countries, I have had more than my fair share of such incidents. The most notable being in Germany, where a very irate farmer charged at my oversize 82 ft long 125 tonne load with one of those weird three wheel tractors they use a lot over there.... It turns out that two days before, the guy taking the load before me drove over his favourite dog which was sleeping in the grass at the roadside! He must have thought it was me. He hit the side of the load, ( part of a tbm), snpped his front wheel off, flew over the steering wheel and landed face first in the dust! Needless to say I pml, and drove off. Result....Inanimate objects1, homo sapien 0!

lmao

now that is a funny story lol

(08-10-2013, 11:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I get it far too much

And I thought you were a saint behind the wheel Chris, that's ruined it then lol

....Blackthorn and a word mate?

Rage Rage = not worth the cost in fuel anymore lol I have not, nor ever want to meet the physical variety, generally it's not worth a record etc
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Has anyone noticed that drivers as a whole have become more aggressive, competitive and just rude? I seem to notice a lot more people overtaking a queue of stopped traffic then trying to force their way in at the last moment, tailgating, constantly swapping lanes, driving over pavements, overtaking in stupid places, and just in general pulling out in front of people at junctions and roundabouts? I don't know whether I'm just getting older but it seems driving in general is getting worse...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
It's more likely that you're just becoming more aware of things as you know to look out for them!
Thanks given by:
I get quite a lot of road rage but have never actually cracked someone because of it etc, but the amount of w*nk drivers on the roads angers me no end.

The number of people who have beeped their horn, scowled or made other 'gestures' simply because theyre too sh*t drivers to manage to fit their micra through the 10 foot gap I've left them really winds me up

I could go on, women in 4x4s are another thing I'd happily remove from the road etc

Maybe its because I'm young :S
Thanks given by:
I had a wee bit of road rage today.

Tractor on an NSL A-road during rush hour on my way to work this morning. I was the 2nd car behind it, but the 1st one got past in a tiny gap (bit too small probably). The queue behind the tractor disappeared off into my rear view mirrors, so it was a lot more than the recommended 10 according to the highway code.
He actually looked out the back of the tractor a few times to see the queue of traffic but still blindly ignored several laybys. When I finally got a chance to overtake him I did it with a long blast of the horn as I went past.

Now, having grown up on a farm I'm usually pretty patient with tractors if they're considerate. This guy was just an ignorant wankstain though.

Still got to work on time, as I always allow for stuff like that. Always get lots of slow lorries on the road to my work.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Road Rage.. No one likes VW's Anyway Wor Jimmy 38 8,981 01-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Wor Jimmy
  road rage readie 76 32,765 05-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Stephen
  Royal fail rage! WiNgNuTz 9 2,584 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Last Post: 1616six