areo wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
areo wipers
where do you boys get these from?
Thanks given by:
Got mine from my local motor factors, mainly as some pikey little scrote pinched my original pair. Otherwise, eBay.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They were selling for about £5 delivered for a set a while back on eBay
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I usually get proper Aerotwins from ECP when they have a sale on. Never had to replace a set of them. Got a cheap set from Tesco (iirc) and they barely lasted 2 months. Confused
Thanks given by:
As said like 5 quid off eBay. That's where I get mine from
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one who thinks these look really, really out of place on older cars? I don't like them in general but can't stand them on cars that came with "traditional" blades.
Thanks given by:
are areo wipers better than aero wipers?
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 10:07 PM)Curt Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks these look really, really out of place on older cars? I don't like them in general but can't stand them on cars that came with "traditional" blades.

I don't think they look out of place. I hate seeing the 'mess' of metal brackets compared to a nice single smooth line of rubber tbh, have replaced them on all the cars I've had...plus they function better and last longer too imo.

Would look daft on a proper classic car though lol.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 10:07 PM)Curt Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks these look really, really out of place on older cars? I don't like them in general but can't stand them on cars that came with "traditional" blades.

Agreed to an extent but i use them because they clear the screen better, last longer and work at high speeds. The normal type dont do any of these very well and i used to use genuine ones until i started using aerotwins.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got a pair of Valeo ones on Halfords Trade for £7 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with tom. I think they look better than the messy original ones.

Beware of the cheap ebay ones, they tend to lift off the screen slightly at the ends at about 80mph, then fail to clear much past 110.

So I'm told anyway.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
None of the ones ive had sit properly on the edge of the screen, passenger side. Does everyone get this? My ebay ones have done a pretty good job so far, could do with some new ones but theyre only a few quid so im happy with them.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, mine don't sit right at the edge on the passenger side, but i dont sit that side, so it doesnt bother me! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Never bothered me either just thought if someone knew a set that didnt do it then id get them.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 08:35 AM)Grant Wrote: So I'm told anyway.

Telling porky pies grant??

lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Sometimes on 2 for 1 at tesco £7 all in with deal and mine have lasted well!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 07:48 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Sometimes on 2 for 1 at tesco £7 all in with deal and mine have lasted well!

Mine cost 6 on a buy BOGOFF, that's how long I've had mine and still going well
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
scrap yard of and Audi a5 nice direct fit
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:06 PM)Glen306 Wrote: scrap yard of and Audi a5 nice direct fit

Wipers from a scrap yard?

You cheap, cheap bastard.
Thanks given by:
and what its a French car need to spend as little as possible so have money for when parts break or wear out like brakes atm
Thanks given by:
What? You just put up a thread saying you're building a show car for f*ck's sake. f*ck knows what shows if you're spending as little as possible..
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: What? You just put up a thread saying you're building a show car for f*ck's sake. f*ck knows what shows if you're spending as little as possible..

Wipers aren't a show item though.... I'm sure he'll be spending plenty on bodykits and speakers.... Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 09:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: What? You just put up a thread saying you're building a show car for f*ck's sake. f*ck knows what shows if you're spending as little as possible..

Wipers aren't a show item though.... I'm sure he'll be spending plenty on bodykits and speakers.... Wink

I can still see them therefore I consider them shown.

Still, the laminated A4 spec sheet can read

"306 show car
Audi A5 front end conversion inc. wipers and headlight bulbs
No not neons, road legal lights that aren't neons, i'm a classy bird"

Something like that, with added internet dyslexia
Thanks given by:
well all I can say is that the wipers are from an Audi better that saying Peugeot wipers lol and a lot has already been spent
Thanks given by:
Theyre not going to be genuine audi ones, probably just crap from halfords or ebay anyway.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:34 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Theyre not going to be genuine audi ones, probably just crap from halfords or ebay anyway.

(05-10-2013, 09:25 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: "306 show car
Audi A5 style front end conversion inc. wipers and headlight bulbs
No not neons, road legal lights that aren't neons, i'm a classy bird"

Something like that, with added internet dyslexia

Thanks Ian, edited accordingly
Thanks given by:
lol nice one and I know I will be getting new ones when I put in a new front window
Thanks given by: