Would you get locking nuts for Challenger wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get locking nuts for Challenger wheels?
For the last six months I have been running my original cyclones with no locking wheel nuts. No problems, of course.

I'm now about to put my Challengers back on next week, and I'm in two minds about whether or not to get a set of locking wheel nuts for them, or to just go for 16 straight wheel bolts.

What would you guys do?
Thanks given by:
My car is always in the garage and too low to get the jack under so I never bother

Think the times have gone where people go round nicking wheels
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Depends on where the car is kept etc to me, mine's never left anywhere anyone can get to for extended periods so never bothered. It's a deterrent more than anything, as they're not hard to get off if you need to
Thanks given by:
I remove locking wheel nuts on all my cars within 24hrs of purchase no matter what wheels , im f*cking usless with locker keys (loosing them), but if some one really wants your wheels it will take them seconds to get them off without the key if they know what they are doing

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
never ran locking wheel bolts... don't think anyone would make the effort to rob a set of pug wheels these days
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Never ran them with my Team Dynamics that cost me over £300, I've never heard of anyone having their wheels nicked, as said think times have moved on.

Maybe the risk would be greater with new OEM wheels as there's more of a 2nd hand market for them?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
The wheels if they have new tyres people go after the tyres more then the wheels today due to the price of the tyres now.
Thanks given by:
The only reason I can see for having them, is insurance purposes. That's why I have them now, because mine are covered they're a requirement.
Thanks given by:
Depends where you live really, i know around here radios get nicked a bit as iv had someone steal mine
Wheels not so much but then it depends on the car and the tyres. Theres a pub not far from me and the side road next to it occasionally has some nice older cars up on bricks, old BMWs, old Mercs and stuff, things that had alloys that are still worth something probably. Steal the car, nick the bits that cant really be traced and dump it
Dont run lockers on mine as i really dont think anyone will bother nicking some scabby clones with cheap tyres, but if i were to get some bigger alloys with tyres that are worth something id cut a little section out the boot floor and make like a little hidden safe for the lockers
But like has been said, if someone wants your wheels, they will get them one way or another
Thanks given by:
In Birmingham, my Alpine head unit was stolen just a few weeks ago when my car was parked in a Council operated public car park near New Town Way.

[attachment=10581]

I informed the Police that there were finger prints all over the car and the dash, including a discarded can of sprite in the footwell. But the Police just laughed. They didn't want to know. 'No further lines of enquiry', I was told. I couldn't be bothered to pursue it.

But maybe alloy wheels are a bit safer these days...?

I probably won't go for lockers now...
Thanks given by:
Wheels aren't particularly valuable for all the time/effort it would take to nick them, and then they'd have to cut off the tyres as well. Much more profitable to nick lead from roofs or copper cable tbh.... I can't think I've ever seen/heard of wheels getting stolen in the 4 years I've been driving tbh.
Thanks given by:
I take lockers off any car i get as soon as possible as ive had trouble with the keys breaking and causing me more hassle than its worth.

Not heard of any wheels getting pinched for years now
Thanks given by:
Mine was stolen on my driveway in Birmingham
Informed the police, no CCTV, no blood, not interested, heres your crime number, bye. The glove box had been forced open so surely that would of had finger prints on it, and the top glove box?
Lockers would really just stop the brain dead from stealing your wheels, you know, some muppet with a wheel brace who thinks your alloys would look good on his car
If someone knows how to get what they want, they will unfortunately

[Image: 532535_10152883627995062_181273633_n.jpg]

Horrible to find your pride and joy like this in the morning...
Thanks given by:
I like your blue carpet, tidy
Thanks given by:
you know its a forum member when they steal the blue carpet too!
Thanks given by:
Yes, since my last break-in in 2005, I have been double-clicking and dead-locking the key fob out of habit every time I lock the car for years now.

So it was good to know that the pickey who stole my headunit at least had to crawl both in and out through the back window to get it. That's why my front windows remained intact.

The sad thing is, that I can break into my own car in under 60 seconds via the back window - but at least that's without breaking the glass in the process!

Still, the replacement rear quarter light window only cost £10 from a local scrappie. The HU was worth around £80 on the second-hand market. I still haven't replaced it yet...

Nonetheless, thieves are so inconsiderate these days...
Thanks given by:
My sister woke up one morning last year to find her 2 month old fiesta gone. No noise, no glass in the floor, no missing keys. Car is still MIA. I dont think thieves can be arsed to steal wheels any more unless they are worth some serious money ie focus st/rs
Thanks given by:
Most car parts thieves are not stupid. They know whats worth a lot of money on what cars and on a 306, thats nothing! Take for example Audi RS6's. Loads of owners have had their interiors stolen because of how much they are worth (second hand genuine sale they can go for several grand!). A lot of 1 series bmws went missing due to a security fault meaning you can smash the drivers window and literally just drive the car away.
Thieves are getting clever and more and more, they seem less interested in nicking a 50 quid head unit that they might be able to sell down the pub.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Unless they crack heads, then the nub ends in the ashtray will suffice.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, same as most have said - nothing on the car is worth any value for me to cry about.
If I had nicer wheels that people in the know knew were worth money, I'd consider it.
Niall is spot on, people target cars with cars that have pieces worth a lot of money.
Thanks given by:
So Pipps has no radio?

No rap music for you now.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I guess it's all part of the Barry Boy rehabilitation process Wink
Thanks given by:
Well ive never ran lockers with my aidels. Which have been powdercoated without a mark on them and have nearly new tyres all around 2x enduro 2x toyo.
Last night left car on road for first time in long time becuase I cant shut my gates with 2 cars on drive and didnt want them swinging in the "storm". Anyway woke up this morning some fucker has nicked the £3 dust caps and left me the £3-400 wheels :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats because no wants them ugly wheels kent Tongue

lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 01:31 PM)Pipps Wrote: I guess it's all part of the Barry Boy rehabilitation process Wink

Wahey! My cryptic reference wasn't so cryptic.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will always from now on get locking nuts... my previous car an audi a4 b5 was in a garage waitkng to be fixed.. ended up getting jacked up with two scissor jacks and old batteries and they robbed the effin s4 alloys that had just had 4 brand new tyres. I didnt have the locking nut key when getting new tyres fitted and just said chuck some normal bolts in ... BIG MISTAKE. When i went to gafage the next mornin .. the car hadd felk of the scissor jack thus making my car drive like its on full lock to the left all the time .. this is why i first got my 306 Smile when id gave up on the audi .
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 03:17 PM)puglove Wrote: Thats because no wants them ugly wheels kent Tongue

lol

Ill always remember your kind words! Heart
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
joelww, Audi S4 wheels are worth a bit more than Peugeot Challengers. Glad you saw the light and got a cheap French banger! Wink
Thanks given by:
Sorry slightly off topic here lol but pipps where abouts are you in brum, ur car looks very familiar
Thanks given by:
Enable your private messaging and I'll tell you! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing locking wheel nuts? Colactix 12 2,797 13-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Colactix
  Removal of b!@#$@d pin locking nuts mattbarker32 13 1,645 14-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: swampy
  Challenger wheels Saloon306 2 1,054 15-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Last Post: thebluepearl