Sam's '98 XSi - Irene

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam's '98 XSi - Irene
haha tard

yep tis a shame, ill paint up the lasers and get them back on with some fresh rubber at some point, then youll be able to see them

also, dildo, managed to get that maylene and the sons album, want a copy?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Yeah :-) can see me listening to it on the way back from ace!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cool, ill dig old the ol piracy kit lol
ima be blaring it on the way, thats for damn sure!

Thanks given by:
been thinking of a 'to do list'...

fit new thermostat
fiddle with filter to make it fit better
'6 exhaust manifold
'6 inlet manifold
decat
decentre box
finish painting steels
refurb lasers
get some skirts
lower the bitch
fogs
pressed plates
fix passenger door and rear quarter
polish out all the scratches and scuffs
get some better speakers
fix all the knocks and rattles and bangs up front - engine mounts, top mounts etc etc etc etc
change clutch and release bearing and fork bush
rear brakes

think thats it...

Edit: f*ck me thats a long list!

Thanks given by:
fit new thermostat
fiddle with filter to make it fit better
'6 exhaust manifold
'6 inlet manifold
decat
fix all the knocks and rattles and bangs up front - engine mounts, top mounts

This is also part of my list
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
so much to do, so little money haha

Thanks given by:
Forgot "fit gti6 engine and gearbox" :-)
Thanks given by:
no.

well, maybe... but id rather just buy a '6...

Thanks given by:
looking good mate unusual colour i like it tho Smile how hard was it to do those headlights? Smile

Thanks given by:
cheers man! colour deffo grew on me, didnt like it first!
pretty easy actually, just some headlight film off ebay, then hairdryer and pull the backing film off as you go while smoothing out with thumb. theres a few air bubbles in mine, but you can only see them if you look close

Thanks given by:
got some money from my parents for my birthday, so went and spent it on some new shiney shiney! Big Grin

[Image: 2012-04-29182654.jpg]

and the bonus!

[Image: 2012-04-29182713.jpg]

no cd player, but who uses cds these days??

Thanks given by:
That is so cool, what modal and how much, need a new head unit Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. Looks like the new Sony bt HU
Really smart
Thanks given by:
this one
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165474
i paid more than that for it, damn impulse buying! i paid £110 from the Redhill branch, that was with staff discount.
im a sucker for a gimmick, i only realisedd there wasn't a cd player when i was one the drive home after having installed it lol

yeah it does, proper smart! think i might have to do my centre fascia gloss black to compliment it... and another downfall, no bluetooth. ah well, if people want to talk to me, they can wait till i get home haha

Thanks given by:
No CD player or Bluetooth? What happened to good quality music?

I really do think that's a good looking HU hope they have one with Bluetooth though. All the music I listen to in my car is via my phones Bluetooth :-)
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:No CD player or Bluetooth? What happened to good quality music?

I really do think that's a good looking HU hope they have one with Bluetooth though. All the music I listen to in my car is via my phones Bluetooth :-)

high bitrate mp3zzz y0. can plug in either an ipod or a usb thumbdrive, pack it with cd quality tunes and off you f*ck. saves phone battery too. and is also a stashy ninja hole... ninja

might well do, get on das tinterwebz for a goosey google Wink prob be a bit more than 100 quid tho. i mainly went for this cuz i can control my ipod from it, it has a couple of pre outs, and ill be able to patch in my column stalk remote doodah

Thanks given by:
Yeah did have a lil look and they have ones with CD player and Bluetooth all oddly for less than 110 :-P
My phone is always on charge in the car anyway ut yeah good buy still looks sexy:-)
Thanks given by:
haha yeah i know, total impulse buy, was in halfords killing time (bad idea) with my birthday money burning a hole in my pocket (yet more bad ideas), saw it, played with it, and was like WANT. true story.
but yeah, chuffed anyway, sounds mildly better than the last one, or in my head it does anyway haha. looks sexual, and that's all that matters lol

Thanks given by:
Like the separate sub out as well for that bit of control. Still got that feature?
Thanks given by:
yep and sub volume control. basically have no idea about any f that shizz, even after read endless threads, might pinch the haynes ICE book from uni and get swotting. pre outs, amps, subs, what goes where, all over my head lol
deffo something about sub control in the menus tho, for when i get a cheeeap sub and amp set up for those nights im feeling chavvy and want to bang out the D&B

(jokes by the way, i cant stand d&b...)

Thanks given by:
Yeah it has a separate sub out so you can control its volume from the HU rather than a remote :-)
Thanks given by:
Cool, that's what I thought :-)

Thanks given by:
Haha showed the misses and was like this is the headunit I want to get, isn't it cool has no cd player! She says, your not getting it I'd get pissed off. It being able to play CDs. Haha
So looks like I'm gettin this Big Grin really wind her up haha
Thanks given by:
haha nice one! nothing better than pissing off the missus trololol

good thing is, it still has an aux in, so get her a cheapy discman off ebay, and giver her that haha

Thanks given by:
Like the idea of that headunit with the hideaway bit, quite an old idea but more and more of them are appearing now.

I was going to upgrade my stereo recently, before discovering that there is such a shit choice at the moment. Seriously, the current range of headunits reflects the economic situation with the country right now; it's f*cked.

Instead I got a unit which tricks my cars stereo into thinking it has a cd changer fitted, when in actual fact I can charge and play from my iPod Smile
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yep, thats what sold me to it! i wasn't even looking for a new one to be honest, just fell for the shiney shiney lol

Thanks given by:
What GB can it recognise external HDD's to? My Alpine can only recognise 50gb
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the manual doesnt give a max capacity, but it does say that the max number of displayable data is 128 folders (albums) with a max of 500 tracks/files in each folder. so thats 64000 songs. average mp3 song size of average sound quality is 3-4MB, so thats about 256GB?
but in terms of actually recognising the bigger drives, if you cant get it in the 'hold', then you cant play back as you need to close the front to do so

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:the manual doesnt give a max capacity, but it does say that the max number of displayable data is 128 folders (albums) with a max of 500 tracks/files in each folder. so thats 64000 songs. average mp3 song size of average sound quality is 3-4MB, so thats about 256GB?
but in terms of actually recognising the bigger drives, if you cant get it in the 'hold', then you cant play back as you need to close the front to do so

You an get massive drives (like 500+GB) that are no bigger than your average phone so thats not going to be a problem I wouldn't think! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
very true, ipod just fits in nicely with a bit f room to spare, i guess they've designed in enough space to take the biggest ipod, so i figure, if its fits, it *should* work

Thanks given by: