Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping
Very nice end results!

It's a shame Chris never persisted with this car as he had some great mods many years ago but never really got things ticking along perfectly. Even the first time he visited me for stage 2 remapping I remember the stupidly free-flowing exhaust and insta-boost it allowed hehe!
It seems Chris was really unlucky with his engine, and then the next one he sourced/fitted, I'm not sure how many he even had bad luck with but he had a run of it I think. Such things can really put a damper on a project so I can forgive him for never getting it 100%! It's damn hard work doing engine swaps for fun! I think he had some great fun with it for the years he had it though.

And now James has, and now another lucky owner has it too Big Grin

It's making me want another one again haha!

It seems James got it and finished it off with some determination and not an insignificant investment in time/money. Again it goes to show that it's achievable to get a hybrid one running near 200bhp with the pump/pressure sensor mods, but it does require you to not get squeamish when it comes to paying out for parts, and picking yourself back up again after set-backs!

Dave
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping - by Mr Whippy - 13-01-2014, 12:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,559 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch