189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
189hp, 358lbft 306 HDi, hybrid turbo, home brew mapping
(09-10-2013, 09:45 PM)padge Wrote: awesome result jp

Cheers boss.

(09-10-2013, 09:51 PM)Poodle Wrote: That's an insane torque figure, be interested to see the graph.

Are you not just a little worried that'll grenade the transmission..?

I'll post it as soon as Awesome-GTi send it over (their printer wasn't working yesterday).

Yes, I'm a little concerned the transmission will go boom. That said, I was running over 300lbft with the DT for about 18 months and never had any issues!

(09-10-2013, 10:56 PM)Arron Wrote: Sweet dyno figures. Map my car now Big Grin

What ECU have you got? I don't really do other peoples - just my own.

(10-10-2013, 06:09 AM)306Puggy Wrote: How does one do mapping then? That' something that has always put me off HDis and petrol tuning that you have to get someone else to tune them for you. If we can do our own mapping then it's gonna open up a whole new world of DI tuning that hasn't been explored before.

Read online. Buy diagnostic equipment. Read online some more. Buy mapping equipment. Read books. Play with maps. Read more books and online resource. Write maps to car and try them.

Repeat until you know what you are doing Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 07:48 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 06:09 AM)306Puggy Wrote: How does one do mapping then? That' something that has always put me off HDis and petrol tuning that you have to get someone else to tune them for you. If we can do our own mapping then it's gonna open up a whole new world of DI tuning that hasn't been explored before.

Read online. Buy diagnostic equipment. Read online some more. Buy mapping equipment. Read books. Play with maps. Read more books and online resource. Write maps to car and try them.

Repeat until you know what you are doing Smile

JP

Christ on a bike JP, definitely not for me then, I like to get stuck in immediately. Sod all of that for a laugh, I'm not clever enough! Hate all of that sort of stuff, I just like sticking bits of metal together lol
Thanks given by:
Awesone car mate .. i also want to know what bulbs were used in the dash lights as thats exactly what look i wanted... how did you manage to get sidelights fitted in the fogs aswell? Cheers
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 09:44 AM)joelww Wrote: Awesone car mate .. i also want to know what bulbs were used in the dash lights as thats exactly what look i wanted... how did you manage to get sidelights fitted in the fogs aswell? Cheers

Think they are just red bulbs. Don't know, I didn't do it.

The sidelights in the fogs are just LED sidelight bulbs drilled, fitted and waterproofed.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Its the way it must come in to be able to develop 350lbft at 2k though, thats a hell of a thump, probably down to the design of the hybrid as much as anything I should think. Fingers crossed it survives lol, happy days if it does, means theres one less risk to going past stage 2. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
To be fair, it's actually more like 2500rpm actually.

I'll upload the dyno plot now and you can see - I just got it through my email before from them so hadn't had a proper look.

JP

Here you go:

[Image: PugHDiDyno_zpsea712dad.jpg]

That was done at AwesomeGTi in Irlam in Manchester, yesterday.
JP
Thanks given by:
It's a nice looking graph mate

Whats the spec on the turbo itself?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When I got the car it was a GT1749 machined into the stock housing. It's now a GT1752 with cutback turbine that I machined in myself..

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Interesting..

That must surely be getting fairly close to the limit of that turb' though?

Tempted to go VNT? Found the map that enables boost control yet?
Thanks given by:
If he's capable of mapping then setting up a board to manage VNT shouldn't be hard!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm not on about a separate system.. within the stock HDi ECU is a map which contols boost (basically what the 110 engines use to control there turbos)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, good point! If the ECU can handle it then sure!

Otherwise, nothing wrong with it being controlled seperately. Not ideal, but still acceptable.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, those maps were easy to find. I've had it running on ECU controlled boost a few times, with a boost line to the turbo and an N75 valve bleeding...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Was that just used as a kind of home brew electronic boost controller? How did you find it ran? or.. more how well did it manage to deliver the boost
Thanks given by:
Not really home brew.. that's how the ECU wants to control boost, you request X boost pressure under certain conditions and it gives it.

It ran well, problem was the boost kept overshooting. More work required on the mapping, so I just stuck the Turbosmart back on for it's dyno run yesterday.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Awesome! I think it would look neater with a single-exit backbox but it's the best colour with some of the best wheels.

Jealous.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I agree. But I'm not spending money on it.
JP
Thanks given by:
i am sure the clutch has done a 100k, as chris has done some miles with the car.
Thanks given by:
Always wondered whether a HDI ECU could control a VNT...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
This is definitely why the hdi boys should man up and actually run decent boost to make some higher torque figures!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.efterz.com/lars/turbo_guide/h..._turbo.htm
Thanks given by:
It will make more higher up later too Dave, I just need to work on the rail pressure and advance a bit...

Twin plate clutch going in as we speak so we can make some big torque!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
That graph looks awesome, area below the curve is huge. That torque doesn't look quite so vicious as expected, I take it the clutch is holding on ok? Fuelling at that level obviously isn't a problem with standard injectors, is that with durations pretty much maxed out or is there room for more?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's pretty smooth to be honest. Just really "meaty".

No, clutch is toast. It's in at CG Motorsport having them design a new, further uprated clutch above and beyond their off the shelf one, for people who want to go further than the standard stage 2.

To be honest poodle, that lift pump upgrade has allowed me to request mega fuelling low down without hitting p0230. Coupled with the better HP pump we are laughing.

Just an FYI, that's at 1350bar peak rail pressure. I've got an 1800bar rail sensor in it, which is calibrated etc but I've not wound any extra rail pressure in yet. I'm also only running a few deg injection advance as well. I'd like to think I can hold that torque so much better with more rail pressure, more advance and clear the top end smoke up a bit too.

This is t 1.7bar boost.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
JP that is a phenomenal amount of torque mate but a really impressive feat that the graph looks so flat and smooth, as Poodle says the area under the curve is huge. Cant wait to see the next maps on it as you should break 200bhp easily
Thanks given by:
Lol fair enough, waiting on that then i guess.

Amazing, fecking knew it would work, but got flamed every time. Will be interested to see where the injectors top out and how it reacts to higher rail pressure. Have always wondered if the hp pumps lose much flow at the higher rail pressures, totally impossible to find definitive information though. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate. Just need to try and smooth the fuelling out a bit, you can see a few wobbles on the graph, though its not enough to feel on the road, it would be nice to smooth it out and stop the random puffs of smoke!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
very impressive....is this aftermarket management?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nope. Stock EDC15.

Poodle, sometimes you just gotta get stuck in! Sadly, if its your daily it can be difficult. I'll push the injectors to their limits and see what happens. I think I'm close at stock rail pressure tbh.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
wow. well impressed...are you not kicking out constant error codes!!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitch's nile XUD, Hybrid turbo on! Mitch 16 4,515 08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Mitch