Led headlight bulbs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led headlight bulbs
(27-09-2013, 07:15 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Dum-Dum - Have i missed something? Or are you referring to the HID argument?
HID argument mate.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough...i concur then. Wink

I was just gonna ignore them anyway! Tongue lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dumdum...your very late to the party.

your splitting up an discusion after its ended!!! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just put SMD sidelights in the ZR because one bulb was blown so why not only cost £1.79 for both delivered. Very impressed with them and was looking into the dipped beam smd options today. Pretty much everyone is saying they're no good for real driving and they seem to be more for shows when you want to leave your lights on and not drain the battery or put in your foglights
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
if you are going to go for it, SMDs are not the option.

CREE leds are what you need.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just wait till theyve sussed single source lighting systems, minds will be blown!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You realise CREE is just a manufacturer of SMD LEDs right? Not a type of bulb...

One way of making LEDs brighter is to give them a ballast, similar to that of HIDs. They 'pulse' the light at a high frequency (it just looks constant to us) and it gives a greater light output. When captured on camera they can look as though they are flashing or not on at all (watch some ALMS /Sportscar races and you'll notice) this is because the camera is picking up more frames than we can see with the naked eye and capturing the bulbs between pulses...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 08:22 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: You realise CREE is just a manufacturer of SMD LEDs right? Not a type of bulb...

One way of making LEDs brighter is to give them a ballast, similar to that of HIDs. They 'pulse' the light at a high frequency (it just looks constant to us) and it gives a greater light output. When captured on camera they can look as though they are flashing or not on at all (watch some ALMS /Sportscar races and you'll notice) this is because the camera is picking up more frames than we can see with the naked eye and capturing the bulbs between pulses...

You can also notice it on topgear lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have some HID H7R's which are capped HID's and from what my friends have said that have driven past me and sat in front of me, they're nowhere near as bad as proper HID's
However I do understand the law and Mot regulation. It doesn't bother me
(as I only use them for show and off road use)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uprated headlight bulbs Fooby 12 3,190 23-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo