Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please?
(26-09-2013, 05:18 PM)MattiH Wrote: For the sake of a phone call its worth a try they might not be as bad as the stores staff. I'll ask my manager when I'm at work tomorrow and see what he sguuests

It's not the stores staff that's the problem, I'm talking about their general customer services. That'd be cool, cheers Smile

(26-09-2013, 05:46 PM)samass Wrote: Trading standards?

Yeah, worth a go I'd have thought!

(26-09-2013, 06:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: As above, bizarrely they've actually done you a favour by damaging the phone as that makes it their issue. Make a separate claim demanding a replacement on the basis of the damage caused, fairly sure they can't legally refuse that as it's their f*ck up lol.

Exactly my thinking. Tbh I wouldn't be so wound up and set on them supplying me a HTC if they had just failed to repair it and offered me an S3. It's the fact that they've broken it, and then said I can't have another one.

That said, they're still being very difficult about it and determined not to give me what I want/I feel I'm entitled to.

(26-09-2013, 06:22 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Right, speaking as someone who works in customer service, call back, be polite but firm and run through it again. If you don't get anywhere, ask for complaints, then when they dither about it ask to speak to their manager. The agent should talk to his manager and explain you've asked to escalate to complaints, and then the manager should take over. Now, I'm that manager, and if I can't stop a call being escalated I get a lot of hassle over it, so we'll pretty much do anything within our power to stop that. It's your best chance of getting what you want. Again, be polite but firm but mention that you will take this as far as you can, and mention that you're going to contact Consumer Focus if you don't get this resolved. The easy way out for that manager is just to give you a new phone, and it's much easier for them to just give you it because if you go to CF it costs the company £440 straight away. Unless you get a proper arsehole, you should be reyt. Just be polite but firm, because personally if someone speaks to me like shit they get nowt, no matter how much shit I get for it.

Hope that helps mate. Personally I'd have the S3, I've got one and it's ace. Or try for an S4 Wink

Cheers for that mate, I'll follow that advice to the letter tomorrow. That was going to be my next step, asking to speak to a higher-up.

I always do my best to still be polite when talking to them, apart from what I see as normal frustration, as I know it's not directly their fault. Plus obviously, like you say, it doesn't really help matters.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please? - by Curt - 26-09-2013, 07:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carphone warehouse TY-HDI 7 2,670 22-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Rich306
  Citroen Warehouse Ben Jay 15 5,508 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo