306 hdi remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi remap
that was the main reason i did mine.. dont quite have the money for a new car yet, but im happy keeping it now!
Mine was done on 127k, no idea about when is good or bad time to do it?
Thanks given by:
Depends what condition the engine is in tbh, remapping it won't do any harm, but it might highlight existing problems.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
remapped my estate its done 141k and also decatted alot better to drive but my clutch has started to slip when i hit 2000 rpm with me foot to the floor but suppose it would of started to slip soon enough remap or not.
Thanks given by:
Guys, sorry if this had been covered, but how much £ is a stage 1 remap?
Thanks given by:
Between 70-80 if you use whippy or pro steve.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 10:04 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Between 70-80 if you use whippy or pro steve.

Is that just to buy the file or is that uploaded to the ecu too?
Thanks given by:
Just to buy a file.
Thanks given by:
Do you need posh equipment to upload or do those 20 quid flea bay jobs do the trick?
Thanks given by:
Clone tool off ebay will be fine, people argue over whether the galletto or kwp are better, but theres nothing in it as best I can see, so take your pick.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I remapped mine at 180K, so no.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 02:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you fall asleep during a 30-70, its not mapped -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9YPwcsTQU

S1 mapped ones are slightly faster, not much though. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvJuDwwKrgs

Also got a stage 1 vid of my china estate - no before with this one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPhJ5iwqq4

Enjoy the injector tick on the fist vid haha!

Thread revival, but dayum your china estate vid looks slower than mine standard! Unless mine is mapped, which I doubt very much. If it is mapped, stage one is really rubbish..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
A decent stage one should definitely be a noticeable difference, if it isn't then something's either broken or it's not a very good map
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I might actually be able to afford to map mine after next week, fingers crossed.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I want to load my stage one but I fear for my clutch as I think the release bearing is rattling Sad
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Excuse to put a nice shiney new one in though
Thanks given by:
You need to put new one in anyway before it explodes....
Thanks given by:
Yeah but probs talking like 200 plus for a clutch change using a valeo. Could do without atm lol
Thanks given by:
They dont really explode they just slip until you cant set off with anything more than quarter throttle after 1st gear!!

Seriously tho if you remap to stage 1 from stock and there isnt 'much' difference... there is something wrong with your car!! Stage 1 from stock is like night and day and well worth the money.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
My clutch is hard work when pulling off in 1st, bit juddery. May get saving for a valeo
Thanks given by:
Our valeo is still holding give or take 280 lb/ft, it's the one i'd go for
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 03:05 PM)Arron Wrote: They dont really explode they just slip until you cant set off with anything more than quarter throttle after 1st gear!!

Seriously tho if you remap to stage 1 from stock and there isnt 'much' difference... there is something wrong with your car!! Stage 1 from stock is like night and day and well worth the money.

I've never seen a rattly release bearing slip. Tongue Worn clutch plate maybe, but that's not the issue lol.

Seriously though, they do just explode eventually and you end up with ball bearings everywhere, not something you wanna chance when it starts whining!
Thanks given by:
True say tom!!!! :meh:. id just drive on if you aint got the funds. As said most oem if not all will handle stage 1.

Thinking...My paddle rattles like a bitch after a spirited drive... is that normal??

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Did you get a sprung or unsprung centre arron?
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 04:25 PM)Arron Wrote: True say tom!!!! :meh:. id just drive on if you aint got the funds. As said most oem if not all will handle stage 1.

Thinking...My paddle rattles like a bitch after a spirited drive... is that normal??

My unsprung paddle on the XUD rattled like mad, was quite embarrassing actually!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Do you think if I were to chuck the map on would it give in quicker or will it just choose its own time anyway?
Thanks given by:
It'll chose it's time. I ran a stage 1 with a really noisy bearing and a slippy clutch as I knew I wasn't gonna keep the car long and I couldn't deal with the slowness of standard lol..... It lasted 6 months until I broke it for parts....and the bearing fell apart in my hand so definitely didn't have long left, was just lucky with that though really, it could've gone at any point.
Thanks given by:
It's going to go with or without a remap.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Its that sachs paddle.. sprung.

its not majorly loud... or should I say it hasnt concerned me. Ricky also when the clutch is warm does ut become more juddery to set off... or should I say snatchy?

Just assumed it was all part of it been uprated. Clutch dont slip like.....

Tom you pounded that car!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
If it's sprung.. then the clutch springs may well have snapped, they don't tend to like much over 270 lb/ft (can't remember how much torque yours is off the top of my head)
Thanks given by:
Meh, that's what I bought it for. Tongue

As for the paddle clutch, I've never had one myself but I drove a Golf with one, it was horrible, snatchy and I kept stalling trying to pull away lol. Wasn't so bad on the move though, but still put me off getting one!
Thanks given by: