306 hdi remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi remap
Hello I'm just wandering can you tell if a 306 hdi has been remap?

Is there away to check this also?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Do a 30-70 time in 3rd, it'll be fairly easy to tell if it's been mapped by that
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What he said. ^^^ Stage 1 should be about 6-7 seconds.

(oops, 30-70, not 0-60, edited lol)
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
30-70 in 6 seconds stage 1?! Since when lol
Thanks given by:
Well I timed mine at about 6.5 seconds with some clutch slip. Although I guess mine is stripped out and I shifted half-way through, so kept it in the powerband longer..? Didn't count the fmic for anything as its not mapped in and leaks boost like a good'un. What's the normal then?

I thought 0-60 was about 8-9 seconds on a stage 1, 30-70 in gear would be quicker, surely.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Has to be all in 3rd.. that'd possibly explain it, plus being stripped will help..

I'd imagine a stock (other than stage 1) to be closer to 8 seconds 30-70 in 3rd..

For comparison, seans hybrid HDi did it in little under 6, ruans VNT'd DT did it in just over 5
Thanks given by:
Fair points, 8 seconds is probably about right then. Might try that later and see what I get, want a rough way of guessing my current bhp as the scanguage tells me its nearly 700 at peak. Call me a cynic, but I think that might be a little out.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ah... yeah i somehow don't think 700 is right lol.. none of the 'HP measuring' apps seem to ever be close tbh!
Thanks given by:
If you fall asleep during a 30-70, its not mapped -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9YPwcsTQU

S1 mapped ones are slightly faster, not much though. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvJuDwwKrgs

Also got a stage 1 vid of my china estate - no before with this one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPhJ5iwqq4

Enjoy the injector tick on the fist vid haha!
Thanks given by:
God tom, that first video is awful haha! I didn't think it'd actually reach 70! Other 2 seem about right though
Thanks given by:
wow.
that first video is soooo slow!!!

I love it when people come up to me and say how they owned a dturbo or hdi and how FAST it was....I then take them out in my dturbo, stage 1.5.....to show them how slow the 306s are really in standard form!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I swear every car Tom buys is scrap from the off, both of those stage 1 vids work out around 11 seconds to my eye, seems way too long. How about anyone else?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
HDi's really are awful as standard, I honestly don't know how people can leave them unmapped! Confused

I'll be honest though, the MAF was dead (but plugged in) in that first vid.... lol It wasn't much quicker unplugged though!
Thanks given by:
First one.. CBA its too long lol.. other two between 9-9.5 seconds i reckon, about right'ish..but on the slower side
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 02:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: I swear every car Tom buys is scrap from the off, both of those stage 1 vids work out around 11 seconds to my eye, seems way too long. How about anyone else?

Your eye is wrong, they're about 8-9 seconds!

The first estate (with the lockwood dials) I didnt even buy! It's Rowells diablo.

Oh and btw...it can always be worse..... This one makes me lol....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1ezGvxzIU
Thanks given by:
I take it the clock is there because it can only be accurately measured in hours and minutes?
Thanks given by:
Miss this though, its actually 32-70 lol, you can hear the acc hit the pedal stop at about 32mph lol....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1B-VyeYiwY

(29-08-2013, 02:48 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I take it the clock is there because it can only be accurately measured in hours and minutes?

Indeed lol, still managed lots of overtakes in it though! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hahah fair enough, still slow. Tongue I have just added yet another item to my prescription list, which the doctor described as "a bit trippy" lol, so i'm going to go right ahead and blame that lol!

Just did it again all in third, came out as a little over 7 seconds.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol, good excuse! lol

Your's is a bit more than 'just stage 1' though... Mine were literally just a remap, which I guess the OP's is as well if he isn't sure.
Thanks given by:
Fair shout, the exhaust does make a considerable amount of difference to spool time and top-end flow, i guess between that and the front mount she's managed to shave two seconds off... Hmmm, still hard to believe it's made that much difference, got me wondering now. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ill get one of mine.
Engine full service 108k
Straght through exhaust no restrictions
Mr whippy stage 1 map.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seeing as we're on the subject rofl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk8fHvW1ncQ
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
#privatevideofail
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol, fail, now fixed.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Not convinced thats comparable lol. Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
In what way not comparable?! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Erm, well, let me see, its not an hdi. Or a stage 1. And it's definitely not a standard turbo. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oops, double-post fail.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Had mine mapped by Pro Steve over the weekend. Must say, there is a difference. Much better now than what it was! Had gone a year and a half with it standard!
30 - 70 on it now is just over 7 seconds. De-cat & de EGR
Thanks given by:
Would a hdi with a 163K on it be too high to remap..? Considering doing it as im keeping the car until i can afford a new car next year hopefully
Thanks given by: