retaining clip on rear carriers come off!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
retaining clip on rear carriers come off!
As said, the retaining clip on my rear carriers that hold the pads in place has for some reason come off down the road somewhere resulting in my having one pad left on that corner..

so.

where can I get a new 'plate' and retaining clip for it? And why would it have come off so easy? The clip seemed fine when I replaced them 6 months ago ish.

Also a general question.. whats with the 'supposedly' anti rattle things on the pads.. mine just flop about and well, rattle :/

Help appreciated as the car is now off the road because of this haha on bank holiday too!
Thanks given by:
Are the anti rattle springs in properly? Also sometimes they get a bit bent when removing and refitting so they dont have the force they should. As for the plate and clips id say peugeot is the best bet. And i just use a bit of wire and twist it up instead of the clips, its not coming out then.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Brilliant idea with the wire I'll have to try that!
Thanks given by:
Are you talking about the little bit of L shapped metal bar? if sou you can get them from peugeot IIRC, Also the so go in a certain way, one side is wider than the other, may of fitted it up side down?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
factors do them too
I replace them with the pads as they do ware with the pads running against them and with rust!
they then come loose and fit less well
Thanks given by:
May have done, hard to tell now haha I'll have to try Peugeot on Tuesday - what about the anti rattle things? Can I cut off? How do they actually work can't see that they have any affect at all?
Thanks given by:
Yep I always use stainless steel wire for mine on both cars.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to get retaining clips for brake hoses? Spoonaltap 5 1,622 30-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Spoonaltap
  cv boot clip jayspug86 8 1,503 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: welshpug