Project Yellow thing - coming to an end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Yellow thing - coming to an end
This day gets better - got a package from NSW today, with a nice set of these:

[attachment=18614]

and one for the front

[attachment=18615]

unsure about this one, but it seemed the only logical place, i didn't like how it looked on the strip at the top of the window, and it's outside the swept area of the wipers so it doesn't interfere with line of sight etc
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
looks way to small to be down the side IMO would have put it under the wiper maybe?
Thanks given by:
nah, it's as big as the black border around the glass, and looks ok in person, think it's just the camera that makes it look over small
Thanks given by:
[attachment=18637]

that is all Inlove
Thanks given by:
Wow cant get over how OEM+ this is. I stuck my MCM sticker on the top of the boot lid glass. Best place for it!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 11:37 AM)SRowell Wrote: Wow cant get over how OEM+ this is.

OEM + brightly coloured paint Smile
Thanks given by:
sarcasm mr rowell? LOL i suppose oem+ went out the window the moment i cracked open the spray paint.. Tongue

meh it is what it is.. makes me remember it's ok to laugh sometimes
Thanks given by:
How much the studs and nuts set you back?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
£52 all in, if i'd gone for some different studs/nuts it would've been cheaper, but needed the flat seated ones for the arianes
Thanks given by:
Actually Toyota ones are the best in Airanes as they kinda have a flat and a taper.
Thanks given by:
That's not too bad, eBay?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
nah through rallydesign, got sent a new catalogue so been drooling over brakes and bits Tongue
Thanks given by:
got a couple of things done today - had to swap out the sportex backbox for the old standard one as the baffles had come adrift, so it has to go back... or be binned Sad

also took the front end to bits, did some rust prevention and black masked the headlights while i was at it Smile
Thanks given by:
pics will be up as soon a si find where i put my camera.... took loads of photos while doing that stuff, put it down and..not seen it since... FML

on another note, got my spacers ordered today and they should arrive tomorrow, so Smile Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:
Well.. the wheels are on Smile along with the stud conversion, and made the descision to go for a bit of a drive and borrow mum's camera for some arty shit

[attachment=18942]

[attachment=18943]

[attachment=18944]

[attachment=18945]

[attachment=18946]
Thanks given by:
Y'know what....i actually kinda like it! Got any lows in mind though, thats some pretty impressive arch gap at the front there. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just so random its maaaaaad Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What tyres are they btw, and how much did you pay for them? If you dont mind me asking of course! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it'll proabably be coming down about 50mm in the front (if i can find any springs that'll do it on a 1.4) to match the rear, which surprisingly passes the shoe test - although that might be because i only own boots Tongue

they're Kenda keiser's - had them before and TBH they're pretty good, £50 a corner fitted balanced etc

had to ask the guy at the tyre place very nicely to order them in Tongue
Thanks given by:
Now this is awesome, very many likes John.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=18946]
Thanks given by:
and even though that's edited, that's actually the colour it would have been if i'd done a white basecoat first, and done 2 more coats, tempted to go for it in a few months
Thanks given by:
It just looks so f*cking toxic but so plain at the same time its awesome especially on those new wheels and I think the silverness of them really makes the paint look a bit more factory in a weird way.

We do a white base coat if you like, Matt if the expert in painting cars with dulux and a roller if you want to PM him.
Thanks given by:
lol i'd go for another plastidip one so it doesn't wreck the coat, plus the basecoat white covers thick so you only need 1 layer, then relay the yellow properly, maybe get a glossifier or pearliser to mix in

and ofc, if i'm doing any more paint on this junk, i'm getting a spray station
Thanks given by:
needs a wooden roof rack with fuel/rope etc, stack exhaust, big bull bar and a machine gun. nice.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
dunno about the roof, but i could take out the back window and turn the back seat area into a turret deal...hmmm
Thanks given by:
well sold the old wheels at the local car boot today - £10 well worth it Smile
Thanks given by:
well... washed the car today after chucking all the shit from the footwells into the boot,

still looks exactly as shit and dirty after a proper thorough clean so i call that a victory

Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
got my exhaust back! the baffles in the old one had come loose (probably due to a less than thought through bwarp through the countryside involving some railway tracks and air) so it sounded rubbish,

old vs new Smile
[attachment=19297]

it doesn't show it properly there, but it's not exactly a straight fit, the flange is at the wrong angle, so to get it to sit straight it has to be mounted a lot further over towards the suspension,

[attachment=19298]

that shows how much the backbox would have been wonky, so time to break out the hacksaw and 'modify' the hangers to fit Smile

[attachment=19299]

et voila - they have been bent as well, but didnt get a pic beforehand

[attachment=19300]

aaaaand back to normal Smile thankyou sportex

[attachment=19301]
Thanks given by:
How are you finding the sportex build quality wise, is the sportex baffled or straight through as I've been considering one
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing because he had to send it back because the baffles came loose, that it might have baffles Tongue also as above, how do you rate them?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 306 D TURBO Ph2 Blaze Yellow PROJECT D Turbo Lyle 34 18,045 18-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Last Post: JethroJay
  Project Silver Thing (PST) David 2 2,076 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Pugmarshall