GI/Worth: Phase 1 Sigma Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI/Worth: Phase 1 Sigma Dturbo
So summer is approaching, which means a LOT of work for me and probably wont be needing my car. i've got some plans to build a GTI turbo in the near future with the cash i'll get.

So Whats It Worth?
spec given when it will be sold, so i have the parts ready to fit.

Engine Specs:

1.9DT engine (XTDT Model) @ 159k
Bosch Conversion with ground LDA pin with lines and injectors
K03 Turbo running 18PSI
New turbo inlet - faster spool up
Oil catch tank
New cambelt, water pump, tensioners etc.
New cutch (@ 152k)

All major engine work carried out by KrisB

Exterior Spec:

TA Technix front adustable coilovers, also new droplinks.
Rear Disc beam conversion, lowered to match with new discs and pads
205GTI Speedline alloy wheels in anthracite grey (minimal kurbing)
de-badged rear and smoother front grill in matt black
matt black rear spoiler
black masked headlights with LED sidelights
paint work in general is pretty good for the age of the car - i enjoy keeping the car clean and the bonnet has minimal pebble dash.
wind deflectors

Interior Spec:

Half leather seats front and back - again, very minimal wear and tear.
XTDT spec so - electric windows front and back, mirrors and sun roof.
Boost gauge
JVC headunit with USB and AUX ports.
Hidden speaker parcel shelf

As you can see i take a lot of time and care into my car, and dont take any shortcuts on the work on the car.
Any questions, go ahead.
Its due its MOT next month so that will highlight any further issues, but at the moment i can't see/hear/feel any issues.

[Image: fIoQu.jpg]

[Image: iPdGe.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
You get bored easily dont you lol.
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:You get bored easily dont you lol.

yep!
Thanks given by:
600 quid or thereabouts . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:600 quid and a marsbar . . . .Smile

8-) cheers for the input
Thanks given by:
Worth f*ck all cause youre ginger
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Worth f*ck all cause youre ginger

glad it's not heading to the west country then whistle :fooby:
Thanks given by:
Yeah only 5-600 just because its a ph1 dt. Length of tax and mot will interest the average buyer more
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Yeah only 5-600 just because its a ph1 dt. Length of tax and mot will interest the average buyer more

yeh as much i thought. may just end up breaking it - the wheels, bosch and bits and scarpping alone could fetch 'near' that much which is a shame.
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:i've got some plans to build a GTI turbo in the near future with the cash i'll get.

Swapsies? Wink
Thanks given by:
Curt Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:i've got some plans to build a GTI turbo in the near future with the cash i'll get.

Swapsies? Wink

to be honest i saw your thread and was inches from pm'ing ... lemmie think, i was considering a phase 2/3 for ECU mapping, never looked into phase 1 engines - are they ECU mappable also? have they the same TU engines as the phase 2/3's?
Thanks given by:
Dooooo it!!!! Curt needs a sigma!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
GTis don't have TU engines ginge
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
go ahead dude!! Big Grin
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
^^ What he said!

Plus, if you wreck it we can hunt you down ninja
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm not sue about the ECU thing to be honest dude, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as the newer cars? If you want to boost it however, it wouldn't make much difference as you'd need to go megasquirt or similar anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:GTis don't have TU engines ginge

sorry im used to a 1.4 :roll:

but yeh curt, i'll have a look into it, get reading into the phase 1's etc. and see what jobbies are around the turbo kits etc.

dont wait around for me, and i see the car isn't going far at the moment anywho Smile
Thanks given by:
it is possible to map the ph1's bud just its an ecu out job, so map then rr then adjust then rr, you get the picture at least its the way with s16's not sure if the gti's are the same, but yeh do the swap doooooo iiiitttt

petrol ftmfw
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:it is possible to map the ph1's bud just its an ecu out job, so map then rr then adjust then rr, you get the picture at least its the way with s16's not sure if the gti's are the same, but yeh do the swap doooooo iiiitttt

petrol ftmfw

yeh that sounds a pain in the arse - id need to find some friend with a RR and a lot of time on their hand...
Thanks given by:
If you are talking about mapping a 6 then there are only a couple of places that can do it.. if you are boosting it you really want a stand alone..
Thanks given by:
springs Wrote:If you are talking about mapping a 6 then there are only a couple of places that can do it.. if you are boosting it you really want a stand alone..

any reason for the standalone ECU's? any benefits?
Thanks given by:
The standard ecu cant cope with boost.. if you look at the s/c setups look where the map sensor is located.. its in a particular place so it reads correct..

With a standalone you can do what ever you want with it.. speak to birk.. he will probably be able to tell you about it as im sure thats one reason he dumped it for a proper turbo setup..
Thanks given by:
iam going standalone when i get my bodies on my new engine, you can just do so much more with it plus the one iam getting has 3 switchable maps on 1 for mot super low emisions 1 for normal driving and 1 for race ha ha yes please but its around 800 so not cheap
Thanks given by:
Guess you don't want that strut brace anymore.
Thanks given by:
im guessing it would be easier to keep the derv and build the GTI off the road :/

and yes mark, i do Tongue
Thanks given by:
Ok mate lol. I would just make this into a fast car.
Thanks given by:
Shame you don't want to keep this!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Shame you don't want to keep this!

its not that i dont want it - i had a plan for this car, as did i with the 1.4 previously, and by the summer it will be where i wanted it.

Then, its time to move on - im looking into building a GTI - Turbo, doing a lot of reading and cash calculating at the moment - may work out cheaper to get a lynx sc jobby instead...
Thanks given by:
Do a turbo ginge eveyones got the sc setup, well not everyone but you know what I mean, Iam going for as much power poss out of my N/A though iam chopping and changing but if I don't then it will be turbo
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Do a turbo ginge eveyones got the sc setup, well not everyone but you know what I mean, Iam going for as much power poss out of my N/A though iam chopping and changing but if I don't then it will be turbo

yeh i know what you mean, theres only a couple turbos, most GTI+ are sc'd - just looking into it and boy does it look complicated. DP seem to have the best setup and doesnt seem too much of a PITA only because everything is accessible.

It's just getting pressure HG and pistons to withstand it, and then implementing the standalone...and the rest...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Phase one dturbo wanted WDZ1663 0 1,478 30-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: WDZ1663
  306 dturbo 2 door phase 2/3 maxlee 0 1,322 22-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: maxlee
  ph1 sigma dturbo decent spec gd for breaking Teddy 2 1,625 03-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Teddy