ZX of doom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZX of doom
Oh yes, wicked fun upsetting the local rude boys with boooooost!

Hmmm, grafting a ph1 onto that could look interesting... :think:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
She's still airing up, much better than before but still turns over 7/8 times before she'll fire. Called peugeot and citroen to ask about a new filter housing and was quoted £72.90. When i asked if this included the thermostat he replied "that's just for the plastic bowl part, the thermostat housing and lid are sold separately". So how much is the lid? Another 47.42! :o

So that plan's out the window, i'll just stick to pumping the grenade every time i start her. Unless anyone's got a housing WITH LID they want to sell me for £20 or so..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
in my experience mate they leak round the bottom a lot, there is a big O ring there so try replacing that first, then set to work on the white dial looking thing on the outside, ping that metal ring off and pull the white bit out with some pliers, chances are the O ring in there is farked too so replace that and try again . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheers Matt, i'll start with those bits.

Bleddy osr wheel started scraping in the arch yesterday so might need that new beam a bit earlier than i'd planned, no peace at the moment... :roll:
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It'll be worth it when its all sorted and running sweet, keep at it mate Smile
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Alex if your up this way ive got some 3mm spacers so you could space the wheel off the arch for a while
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I know, but there's just not enough time in the day atm fella. :S

Thanks bud, i've already got some 4's myself, so will be putting those on tomorrow. By the end of the week I want the cabby to be done with so i can just rob the beam off of that, since it's in decent condition already.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm is now scraping with spacers too, didn't expect it to deteriorate so quickly tbh. Getting kinda nervous on roundabouts... :S Going to try and fit the cabby beam tomoz, might be cutting it a bit close to make it up to ace though, anyone local fancy lending a hand for some beer tokens..? :eusa-pray:
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If your still after a fuel filter housing I have 2 spares mate Smile
Thanks given by:
O rly? Bought a 406 one on assurances from the seller that it was identical, it's not lol. How much you after for one of yours?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dude id of offered to help but this one tank has to last me till the end of the month.
Thanks given by:
You know I'd be more than happy to come down again and get dirty under the car. But you already know I has no car :'(
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
406 one should be the same providing the car it came off had an XUD engine in it!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Cheers dudes, got a mate to come over for the afternoon, but he hasn't got a clue so not sure how much help he'll be... Oh well, if Matt gets here tomorrow and it's all still in pieces i'll just give him sumat towards fuel lol.

That's what i thought, Mark, but it's got a random extra pipe and the filter and lids are completely different... Thinking it'll make it a bitch to service as much as anything, since the seller couldn't give me the reg either. Wondering if perhaps it came of a 2.1 or something...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have a spare filter housing sitting about as well if you need it. Would have to post it obviously, lol.

I got my spare one out of a citroen relay with the N/A XUD in it.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You've got mail!

Finally found time to have a look at the cambelt today, thankfully it looks like it's been replaced in the last few thousand miles, as has the water pump. However, I did find another minor issue that I thought I should probably deal with sharpish..:

[Image: DSC_0023.jpg]

Pretty shocking, was amazed i hadn't felt it moving, but the chocks had been put on the wrong way round and pretty much wedged themselves solid against the chassis. At least now it doesn't feel like as much of a tractor as i originally thought lol.

Also seems to be a substantial oil leak somewhere, think it's the rocker cover seal. Had a good look at the turbo, but doesn't seem to be coming from there (will just have to find another excuse to replace it then lol). Was following the gf the other day and noticed a bit of smoke when she's on boost, doesn't look blue though, more white/grey, almost like timing smoke...?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Any theories on the white/grey smoke? As far as i can tell it only happens at near WOT on while boost, was thinking maybe valve clearances..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What does it smell like (the smoke) could it be head gasket.
Thanks given by:
Haha, was hoping nobody would say that, hard to tell, I have problems getting my face under the exhaust when she's on boost at 40mph. lol I'll go and check it out later, see if pcp's are high enough to provoke it when she's not under load.

That was my first (slightly paranoid) thought tbh, but then there's no pressurising of the coolant, no mayo in the filler cap, heaters work fine... I will check the oil for water when i service her tomorrow, but it didn't look suspicious when i checked the level.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As far as i can tell the exhaust just smells of fuel and the usual, didn't have an assistant to rev it for me though. No water in the oil btw.

On the bright side I had a good poke up underneath earlier and noticed i've got a T2. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
T2 and Bosch FTMFW
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:On the bright side I had a good poke up underneath earlier and noticed i've got a T2. Big Grin

So why is it not yet tuned, get it sorted out Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Heh, will have to poke it at the coming camping meet, where the missus won't be around to shout at me. ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
FYI all ZX's came with Bosch's and T2's. Citroën weren't as cheap as Peugeot.

Poodle you need to get this tuned! I can help if you want, you need to start showing up the 306's because of the lightness.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Anton Wrote:FYI all ZX's came with Bosch's and T2's. Citroën weren't as cheap as Peugeot.

Not true mate sadly, my mates DT ZX estate has a Lucas, checked out one in the scrappie once thinking it might have a Bosch for my old 306 and that was Lucas too...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Nooooo, it's meant to be a standard daily lol. I suppose it is free tuning though, couldn't hurt just to give her a little tweak... And i know where i can get a xantia inlet.....
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Nooooo, it's meant to be a standard daily lol. I suppose it is free tuning though, couldn't hurt just to give her a little tweak... And i know where i can get a xantia inlet.....

Well what are you waiting for then? get on with it FFS lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Nooooo, it's meant to be a standard daily lol. I suppose it is free tuning though, couldn't hurt just to give her a little tweak... And i know where i can get a xantia inlet.....

Look at it this way, a good stage 1 should improve fuel economy. You can't afford not to with these fuel prices mate Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ill give you a very light tune at the camping if you want. Its not really tuning if you dont adjust the wastegate, just optomising.

Optomise the wastegate at a later date then give it a few weeks before you re optomise the pump again
Thanks given by:
Rather than mess around with the wastegate.. We could just fit an MBC at the camping meet Smile

Better control, response times and no more bloody wastegate creep.

EDIT: I have loads of spare bits left over from when I did my T2 the other week. All you would need is 1.5 metres of 4mm I.D. silicone hose and the MBC itself. If you wanted to fit one that is.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by: