Which master cylinder for 283mm discs and drums on rear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which master cylinder for 283mm discs and drums on rear
I've bought the gti-6 283mm front brake setup to fit to my phase 1 td but not sure what master cylinder I'll need.

The drums, bearings, cylinders, handbrake cables are all new so I really don't want to convert to discs. There's no abs. Would a 406 master cylinder fit as I think some of them had larger discs at the front with drums on the rear. I'm not too sure on what can be swapped around between models on Peugeots, I'm used to old Fords.

The front discs and pads are new on the front at the moment so there's no rush to bodge things together. Even with just the Lucas pump tuned the brakes are struggling though so before the next stage I'll need to upgrade. I'd rather work things out in advance if possible so the whole job can be done in one go.

Has anyone used this setup with the standard MC or a different one (keeping the rear drums) and if so how did the pedal and the braking feell?

On some Saxo/ 106 forums some seem to be using larger 306 non abs master cylinders with the larger front brakes but the drum models are destroying the back brakes. Not sure if the 306 would be ok since it's a bit bigger and heavier or if drum brakes in general just need less fluid/ force to operate.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks given by:
It's fine, not sure why the 106's would be destroying back brakes, smell like bs.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Have a look in the XUD section. A similar question popped up yesterday
Thanks given by:
Can't believe I missed that thread! Answers everything.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
306 master cylinder for lucas braking system its stamped up as 23 but its actually 23.8 mm thats the one you need
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrading to 283mm brakes on Dturbo Hobo Ash 15 3,077 01-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Hobo Ash
  283mm 307 Brakes on a S16 Pingaz 13 3,418 05-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: miles
  HDi 23.8mm Master Cylinder - Where from? Alan_M 3 1,326 07-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Alan_M