Indicator ticking when I'm not even indicating? Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicator ticking when I'm not even indicating? Help
Hi guys, whilst I'm driving straight, indicators not in use, the noise of the indicator starts but it's a really fast sound, it's been on for about 2weeks straight and doing my nut in, never stops. Aha helpppppp
Thanks given by:
Lol.... It's usually a dodgy stalk.... Could also be the relay but I'd go with the stalk.
Thanks given by:
You think I should replace the whole stalk? Or just the adapters?
Thanks given by:
Replace the stalk. Be careful though, mine got serious once and it must have completely shorted out internally and caught fire whilst I was driving! Get it changed asap.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah replace the stalk. Mine also started smoking on one of the 306s so I wouldn't leave it too long!

Conveniently there seems to be a good light stalk on the HDi I'm breaking lol. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yep my 106 did the same and also started smoking
Thanks given by:
No need to replace the stalk, take it apart and remove the excess grease. Some of the grease they place in there spreads across the contacts forcing it to 'indicate'.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 09:29 PM)Rich306 Wrote: No need to replace the stalk, take it apart and remove the excess grease. Some of the grease they place in there spreads across the contacts forcing it to 'indicate'.

This but inspect the contacts when you do so. If some of them have been arcing, it will show and it can cause issues later on.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
there is a guide that i used, i think its on the gti forum, not 100% sure though, havent got the link any more or id send it to you. I did mine in about 10 minutes, worked a treat, and the stalks been fine ever since. Absolutely no need to replace it at all. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I cleaned mine and it only lasted a week lol. Depends how bad it's got I guess.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT: Ticking on Ignition Eeyore 8 1,459 24-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  HDI ticking noise from passenger airbag Potta_91 5 1,611 28-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Mattinthehat
  Air recirculation Valve Ticking HELP!!!! mattgreene 6 1,786 28-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: mattgreene