Door Vinyl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Vinyl
Hey Guy's, does anyone know if and where I can get some vinyl (or similar) to replace the one that someone's tried removing and made the car look a dog???

[Image: 2013-08-07104841.jpg]
Thanks given by:
enter Toms306 with his sticker machine
Thanks given by:
I might have to be rude and direct him here via pm :-)
Thanks given by:
Hmm.... Not sure it's worth me doing tbh, would probably be cheaper for you just to get a metre of vinyl from ebay and wrap it yourself. Make sure its quality though due to where it is.
Thanks given by:
Would have said just remove it and have them diablo but it looks like its taken the laquer off?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that's just sticker residue, get a heat gun and remove it completely; follow it up with a wash and Tcut to get the scratches out.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I've had a look on eBay and found some vinyl so I'm gonna get the heat gun out to remove the old vinyl and re_wrap it, not like I can make it look any worse :-)
Thanks given by:
Just bought some of this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261235138429?s...1439.l2649

I'll post the results, even for comedy value if it looks shit lol
Thanks given by:
look in my project for results I did mine in anthracite though
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was wondering if anyone knew if you could get anything to replace this / look oem.

On a black car, looks win to remove it, but on anything else, I think it looks s**T if its left colour...whole point is to match in with window area, which imo looks much tider than big blue / red stripe between windows...imho
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 04:28 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew if you could get anything to replace this / look oem.

On a black car, looks win to remove it, but on anything else, I think it looks s**T if its left colour...whole point is to match in with window area, which imo looks much tider than big blue / red stripe between windows...imho

my old moonstone I left it colour coded. it looked nice and fresh. but I think I like the vinyled look more. think ill get pics from my project threads.

here we go.
pictures with anthracite vinyl

picture without vinyl

#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I even thought about spraying it Matt or satin black but I'll see how this vinyl looks. Worth a shot for 4 quid :-) If it looks pants I might try paint.

Just noticed the pics, they didn't show straight away on my phone. I def prefer the vinyl
Thanks given by:
After seeing Kents above, it looks really odd without the vinyl tbh, cant believe how much difference a bit of vinyl there makes! Confused
Thanks given by:
Allow me...

Put the window all the way down and pull the rubber channel back from the leading edge of the door. Peel the old stuff off, it's pretty tough and prone to splitting. It also leaves some god-awful residue behind.

[Image: 426D7BAE-A094-4425-BEF5-A10828B37CCD-198...BCD47A.jpg]

I recommend doing this before you wash the car, as it makes life easier. Using some white spirit or some sticky-stuff remover (AutoGlym is good for this) scrub away until all residue is gone. Then wash the car, ensuring all trace of cleaning fluid is free from the surface you want to stick your new vinyl to.

[Image: 03196923-BDCD-4A07-A615-88471D679D50-198...92E723.jpg]

Now some people leave it like this, but as Ruan says, it looks bloody shit.

The idea of the B-pillar trim is that it blends the rear quarter window into the front one, creating the illusion of one big window and making your car look cool as f*ck. Now last time I checked, glass does not have a matte finish unless it's in a lavatory. I opted for a gloss vinyl as I thought it would look smarter against the glass. You'll need a squeedgie or credit card to get a good finish. Wrap a ¼" piece around the edges or it may peel off. Refit the rubber window channel and stand back admiring how much more awesome the car looks-

[Image: 86E2934A-13FA-40FD-9269-28D41BF048A3-198...42C894.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
C.A.R where did you get the new vinyl from? Looks like a really tidy job and wouldnt mind doing the same!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Offcuts from a mate who works in sign-writing. It's just black gloss vinyl, should be easy to come by. Mine doesn't look so great now, but it's been 12 months, so I may re-do it if I can be bothered in-between changing nappies.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren you can pick it up from ebay very cheap. I picked up a 1m x 1m bit delivered for about £3
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Or just do it the lazy way and put the new vinyl over the top, assuming yours isn't completely battered, and you have decent vinyl.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vinyl Wrap Removal Toms306 1 877 01-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Vinyl dye RED gti pugtk 3 1,223 09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Last Post: John1.4
  Painted Door Vinyl Eeyore 8 2,353 24-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: 306GT30