Amp in centre console

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp in centre console
Google says its possible, but does anyone have any pics or advice on a good size of amp to fit in there? I've not fully investigated, but in front of the gear stick there looks to be lots of room. Dodging the ecu boxes that are there apparently.

Second choice is under the seat, but don't want it getting damaged, for amp in the front components only.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2013, 11:59 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: Google says its possible, but does anyone have any pics or advice on a good size of amp to fit in there? I've not fully investigated, but in front of the gear stick there looks to be lots of room. Dodging the ecu boxes that are there apparently.

Second choice is under the seat, but don't want it getting damaged, for amp in the front components only.

I'd be concerned about putting in INSIDE the centre console - it gets hot in there with the head unit, heater vents on cold days and various other stuff in there that all throws out heat... Infront of the gearstick is the Airbag module, so I wouldn't massively fancy putting it ontop of that or similar... It's also pretty cramped up in there.

Under the seat isn't a bad shout, just have to be very careful that you don't end up trapping it or have people kicking it... Why not put it in the boot, you've just got to be a slightly careful of wire routing to minimise interference.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, there's a reason why most end up in the boot...
Thanks given by:
theres only room in there for a tiny one.

It maybe possible behind the glovebox if:

you have no AC
you use a late phase AC glovebox and removed top airbag.
This gives you room behind for it.

But I would go with boot!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good food for thought, thanks!
Thanks given by:
Its easier to put the amp in the boot and run speaker wire from the headunit back to the bot and join it all up.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2013, 03:11 PM)Tom Wrote: Its easier to put the amp in the boot and run speaker wire from the headunit back to the bot and join it all up.

The op may also want to run

1) power
2)remote
3) RCA
4) an earth strap

Just to avoid confusion Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If you have ph3 seats the passenger seat has a tray under it that would fit a sensible sized amp.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2013, 05:04 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If you have ph3 seats the passenger seat has a tray under it that would fit a sensible sized amp.

It's a ph3 (now with ph4 headrests, scrappy bargain!) I'll look under there tomorrow.
I've had the drivers out fixing the lumbar support, but guess the passenger being non height adjustable might have more room, sounds good!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centre console Jimmy-hdi 5 1,216 28-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Jimmy-hdi
  Centre console Mole man 5 1,452 20-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mole man
  FIXED! - Centre console clock/outside temp gauge Smiley69 25 8,360 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Moose