Am I being fussy or am I right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I being fussy or am I right?
Basically, need to service the Pug like 2,000 miles ago. I like to use genuine filters where I can.

I noticed Neatcarparts on eBay were the cheapest for the genuine oil (Purflux) and diesel (Bosch) filters, so I looked at their other items. They list a 'service pack' for the car which includes both diesel and oil filters together with an air filter.

The photograph in their advert clearly shows a Purflux oil filter (blue with the gold pug/Citroen logo) so I thought it was a safe bet.

Parts arrived this morning and I have a AC Delco oil and air filter and a diesel filter from Fujitoyo.

Are these parts any good, or are they just boggo parts you'd get from a motor factors?

I wanted a genuine set of filters since the car has just clicked over 100k and well, just because I've always used genuine stuff.

Should I return it? I did ask if the oil filter was a Purflux item and the response I got was 'we will provide the right parts for your car'.

If I'm spending £24 on decent oil I don't want to skimp on a (potentially) shitty oil filter...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thats odd because i use Neatparts a lot and they have always sold me genuine parts. Very good company to deal with actually! Tbh there is nothing wrong with AC Delco at all so i wouldnt worry so much but if your properly OCD like me about these things, return it and go to pug to buy one.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Return them
Thanks given by:
Did it say items may vary from pictured?

And if you asked if they were genuine and he said i will supply the correct parts alarms would have sounded in my head. Id have been looking for "yes" and nothing else.
Thanks given by:
Description doesn't mention that items might vary from pictured but you would have to have a keen eye to recognise the oil filter was a genuine Purflux. I'd link it but I'm on my phone Confused

A voice in my head is telling me this will be fine but at the same time it's not what I was expecting. Bummer.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Kwmk1RYHpk
Thanks given by:
Ac delco is 100%.
Thanks given by:
Id return them for purflux mate, if its whats pictured and it dosent say may vary to pic in the add then get on.
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 10:45 AM)ConorTRG Wrote: Ac delco is 100%.

100% what?!
Thanks given by:
idb get on at them if you went out your way to get OE parts and that's not what turned up

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
100%
Meaning that there good.
Fuji toyo rings a bell aswell, think I've used them in vw's before.
Thanks given by:
I would send that shiz back personally.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 10:07 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Kwmk1RYHpk

Brilliant find buddy
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nothing at all wrong with ac delco they are a vauxhall main supplier
Thanks given by:
At a proper computer now...

Here is a link to the item I bought -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220837609257?s...1439.l2649

Now I know it's really anal but the photo clearly shows a genuine purflux filter. The AC Delco which as turned up I'm sure will do the job, but it's not what I thought I was buying. Seller emailed me before posting and I asked if I was getting genuine, they just didn't answer.

I don't want to kick up a fuss, I just don't want these parts. Genuine articles can be had on eBay for the same amount (Motaquip / Purflux) so who was I to think I was getting any different?

I'll give them a call after 9. They'll probably be pissed.
Thanks given by:
Yeah dude it doesn't say that items supplied may vary to those shown in the photo so send them back. Also notice that the air filter has a layer of foam under the paper so is a gen one. If your air filter is just paper, no foam send it back.
Thanks given by:
Is that the airfilter you got too?
Mine has a nice thick black sponge pre-filter before the paper, stops the larger stuff clogging the paper.
tbh, if it's genuine they'd show you all the kit in the boxes it'll come in, but they'd rather just cheap out with 'Quality Parts Supplied' -that's BS.

You can get the equivalent kit from ECP for £17.30 with free delivery, why risk it with a seller from eBay for it?
Thanks given by:
So just to clarify, is purflux the genuine supplier of genuine oil, fuel and air filters?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Purflux oil filters (little blue ones with the citroen / pug logo stamped on) are what I've always used and that's what is in the photograph.

Air filters don't really matter too much, as long as it's a good fit and blocks most stuff their job isn't as important as the oil filters'.

Ordered Motaquip diesel filter and air filter which are the Genuine Pug parts and a Purflux oil filter, came to £21.something delivered.

Seller accepted return over the phone, fun bit will be if they hold up returning my money!!
Thanks given by:
Link to where you got them from in the end?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: