• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite driving songs?
(29-07-2013, 07:01 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: 1. Acdc highway to hell
2. Acdc back in black
3. Whitesnake here I go again
4. Metallica enter sandman

Off the top of me head!

liking these choices Ed . . . . . .(Y)

i'm a sucker for some Toto, Hold the Line, Rosanna etc or some old Joe Satriani=one big rush, surfing with the Alien, flying in a blue dream etc . . .Smile . . .makes me drive like the wind! . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Arctic Monkeys - this house is a circus

My current favourite for blasting it down the many back roads round here Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Pendulum - Crush
Pendulum ft in flames - Self vs. self
Rammstein - Feuer Frei

My top 3 for driving in 'anger' atm
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahah, you appreciate the irony too, Chris? Wink

Forgot to add; all of high contrast, obvs.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 12:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Hahah, you appreciate the irony too, Chris? Wink

Forgot to add; all of high contrast, obvs.

Yes I appreciate the irony and not just because somebody explained it to me Itwasntme

High Contrast is an amazing shout, especially Seven Notes in Black

Oh all this talk of Rammstien has got me listening to it and its not bad, a whole lot less shouty/noisy than I'd thought it would be, actually kinda liking it.
Thanks given by:
Anything by Slamboree gives me Speed Motivation when the Subs on full.
Other than that its a complete mix and match scenario.
When I drive down South I usually make a playlist on the phone so I dont have to keep Changing song every five minutes,
Latest Albums added to playlist for my drive down next week are:
ADTR - What Seperates me from you
Gallows - Orchestra of Wolves.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 10:33 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Right i'll do this properly then

1. Hatebreed - Before The Fight Ends You
2. Rammstein - Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen
3. Rob Zombie - Dead Girl Superstar
4. Metallica - Fuel
5. Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Pantera fan. +10,000 XP.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I made no such implication! Angel

Can't get on with rammstein, or any band that doesn't really do "serious" music if you know what I mean. Steel panther is another one, it's probably because I enjoy either thinking about what the lyrics might mean or just raving. Can't really do either of those to stuff like that. lol

Can see it could make good driving music though tbf, might have to try it...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Rammstein are awesome, always kept some of their stuff on the memory stick, never seems to get old! I have a very eclectic taste in music, got everything from skrillex to lily allen and from Dr dre to war of the world's! Tbh, there's not a lot I DONT listen to. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rammstein, steel panther, emmure, heart in hand, kill switch engage, knife party seem to be my driving stuff right now Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Dire straits today. Good lord my taste in music is that of a 45 year old bloke...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Come to think of it, Audioslave are pretty good to drive to!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Dire straits today. Good lord my taste in music is that of a 45 year old bloke...

Right there with you mate, love a bit of dire straits! Rofl
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No-one else seems to appreciate the ska. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I like the odd bit of ska but its not really driving music, we need more of it at meets after a few beers.
Thanks given by:
In fact the new Killswitch album is f*cking awesome, Beyond The Flames has me belting out the chorus every time
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:39 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 07:16 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Dire straits today. Good lord my taste in music is that of a 45 year old bloke...

Clearly not enough as you wasnt with me, Liam, Matt and Fooby on Saturday night singing Sultans of swing nice and loud Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 07:39 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:

Clearly not enough as you wasnt with me, Liam, Matt and Fooby on Saturday night singing Sultans of swing nice and loud Big Grin

lmao . . . . did anyone else catch my "Guitar George" name drop? . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Maybe not thrashing about music, but for cruising its awesome. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 05:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: Can't get on with rammstein, or any band that doesn't really do "serious" music if you know what I mean. Steel panther is another one, it's probably because I enjoy either thinking about what the lyrics might mean or just raving. Can't really do either of those to stuff like that. lol

If you like songs where you try to work out the Lyrics then you'd like Brand New (if you don't already). Jesse Lacey is an amazing song writer.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 07:39 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Right there with you mate, love a bit of dire straits! Rofl

Yeah that's a pretty awesome story. My dad used to work with David Knopfler at a factory in Leeds as well...

(01-08-2013, 07:42 AM)Kimmie Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 05:17 PM)Poodle Wrote: Can't get on with rammstein, or any band that doesn't really do "serious" music if you know what I mean. Steel panther is another one, it's probably because I enjoy either thinking about what the lyrics might mean or just raving. Can't really do either of those to stuff like that. lol

If you like songs where you try to work out the Lyrics then you'd like Brand New (if you don't already). Jesse Lacey is an amazing song writer.

I loved Sic Transit Gloria when it was on Kerrang all the time but never really heard owt else by them...

"Die young and save yourself", epic lyric Smile
Thanks given by:
in case anyone missed it cough cough.....Guitar George has written a song for my band to record exclusively Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 08:07 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 10:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Clearly not enough as you wasnt with me, Liam, Matt and Fooby on Saturday night singing Sultans of swing nice and loud Big Grin

Yeah that's a pretty awesome story. My dad used to work with David Knopfler at a factory in Leeds as well...

(01-08-2013, 07:42 AM)Kimmie Wrote:

I loved Sic Transit Gloria when it was on Kerrang all the time but never really heard owt else by them...

"Die young and save yourself", epic lyric Smile

Their stuff just got better and better! I lvoe how much their music grew up over the years, but actually became a lot more screamy Tongue

If you like Sic Transit then listen to Vices (odd start but great song), Gasoline, Limousine, Jesus and Sink
Thanks given by:
Did I mention Roger Taylor's son is engaged to my cousin? :p

Brand new eh? Will have to check them out, don't find much new music these days, mainly because i'm too lazy to go looking lol, cheers my dear!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They're not mainstream over here but have been big for about 10 years in the states. Amazing live! Scott and I went to their gig in Southampton last year and didn't realise that Vaughan and Amie were there too!

Not particularly heavy but very, very good!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 01:31 PM)Kimmie Wrote: They're not mainstream over here but have been big for about 10 years in the states. Amazing live! Scott and I went to their gig in Southampton last year and didn't realise that Vaughan and Amie were there too!

Not particularly heavy but very, very good!

BRAND NEW ARE f*cking AWESOME Big Grin
Just my input there. Absoloutely love them have done since my early teens.
Saw them At Leeds Fest one year and nearly died from epic.
Big Grin
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Gone back to what I was listening to on the way to FCS now, Dio-era Sabbath. Really growing on me, there was life after Ozzy after all....
Thanks given by:
OOOoooohhhhhhh, that's who brand new are ahahaha! Blimey these guys were around when i first started clubbing, saw them in a pub somewhere lol. Had no idea they were still going, nice recommendation! Big Grin

Edit: Hmm, just remembered why i don't really listen to a lot of the stuff i used to when i was 17... Confused

:p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 06:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: OOOoooohhhhhhh, that's who brand new are ahahaha! Blimey these guys were around when i first started clubbing, saw them in a pub somewhere lol. Had no idea they were still going, nice recommendation! Big Grin

Enjoooooy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wedding songs for the dj bashbarnard 10 2,206 29-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: procta
  Favourite Forum Car Nathan1305 56 15,242 24-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Memorable/favourite moments from Pugfest bigcheez2k3 28 9,134 18-07-2015, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye