Hey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
Hey guys im Adam i'm 20 from Portsmouth after wanting one for a very long time I should have myself tomorrow as long as everything goes well a P1 dtub off my mate from work.

Doing a straight swap for my 106 1.6 8v (don't ask why) but Here is a few pics of her im excited to say the least especially as its a completely standard engine which no one has fiddled with plus it ONLY has 88k miles on it on a N reg.

Will be nice to get to know some of you.

[Image: 1004665_474780765945280_178473732_n_zps4f6a237d.jpg]

[Image: 534845_474780975945259_650374947_n_zps58e8c107.jpg]

[Image: 73423_474781222611901_2008967063_n_zps3f3da28e.jpg]

[Image: 998428_474781025945254_211021319_n_zpsc29fd800.jpg]

[Image: 971382_474781089278581_1470376193_n_zps711f7ad3.jpg]

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome mate...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
welcome, good swap I say!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I agree drove it today very happy with it picking it up after work tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile

Black phase 1's are pretty rare, especially in 5 door guise.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Adam Smile

Theres a lot of members down your way so make sure to keep an eye out in the meets section. Meets are normally a right laugh if you can put up with a bunch of nutters lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I agree man I've never seen a black p1 around my area and don't worry I'm used to crazy people from my local club Smile will be nice to meet some of you i will start a project thread soon
Thanks given by:
welcome along. defo a good swap for you......... not so much for your mate lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome along!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Hi guys picked up the car on my lunch break everything works well and it pulls well

(turbo whistle made me smile lol)

only problem i found and need some advice

when accelerating from a stand still i can feel judder in the passanger side front wheel and also when changing up untill i get to 3rd then it stops.

if i let off the accelerator without dumping the clutch i hear a knocking noise from the wheel also

jacked up the car and the wheel has some play in it if i grab it at the top and bottom am i to belive that this is the wheel bearing?

Any thoughts would be beneficial thanks

[Image: IMG_2254_zps58031ae3.jpg]

Just read on the M.O.T from last year it has this which would explain the judder i can feel

"Nearside front suspension has slight play in a lower suspension ball joint"

not the wheel bearing as i thought?

is this a expensive/easy job?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club mate, there is loads of portsmouth members.

Ball joint can be a pain if the oil one is rivited in or the bolts are rusted to pieces. A whole new wishbone with ball joint could be easier
Thanks given by:
Welcome looks nice ride
Thanks given by:
Welcome, I changed the wishbone that come with the ball joint much easier. Plus you don't have to worry about the bushes failing in the wishbone any day soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys i'll look into getting a new wishbone then if thats easier.

I took it for a spin last night feels just about as fast as the 1.6 did bit slower off the line but havent bothered fiddling with the pump and turbo yet as still need to get a boost gauage

Another minor problem I found last night half of the lights in my dash dont work (the illumin ones) anyone know what type of bulbs a phase 1 dash takes? t5/t10 i guess?

also when i put my dipped beam on the green light doesnt come on the dash but the blue one for full beam does.. still i assume thats just the bulb in the back of it? cheers.

Sorry for all the questions 306's are foreign to me used to the 106 lol
Thanks given by:
one more noob question will any 306 backbox fit onto the TD ? have a straight through pipe/decat to go on and was wondering if any backbox from a 306 or they differ from petrol backboxes (complete diesel noob)
Thanks given by:
You want to avoid petrol exhaust systems on a derv, as they are more restrictive. You'll want something nice and free flowing to let the exhaust gasses out as easily as possible. Also, bear in mind you only need one box in the system for it to be mot friendly. Mid box is the best one to keep, just replace the others with straight pipe. Then you'll really hear the turbo whistle! Big Grin

Welcome along anyway, always got time for black 306s. Wink ThumbsUp
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so am i lead to believe if i remove my backbox and cat from the current system and extend the pipe where the backbox would be and put a tip on the end i could make do with that (keeping the middle box in the standard line present)

also you have any idea what size bulbs a p1 dash takes?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Yeah, pretty much! lol

I don't know about the ph1 bulbs tbh, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does know. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cool man gives me something to do in the next few weeks Smile ordering boost gauge this evening any idea where to get the pillar holders for them?
Thanks given by: