Reversed over a kerb, groaning noise turning right

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reversed over a kerb, groaning noise turning right
Like an absolute moron I reversed over a kerb in a car park fairly quickly last night and as a result whenever I have to turn right quite tightly there's a loud scraping/groaning noise.

It sounds like a creaky door and comes from behind the drivers seat, the side which I reversed over. I checked the wheel and its straight with no visible damage to tyre or alloy itself and the alignment hasn't been severely affected though it wasn't dead straight before

Any ideas what this could be? I'm thinking maybe I've unsettled a rear bean mount or similar but I wouldn't know as I'm not too knowledgeable on this sort of thing lol

Thanks
Thanks given by:
This is a big old guess but maybe unsettled the bearings ... causing the instrumental that comes from it whilst maneuvering ...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 03:02 PM)ky jonzy Wrote: This is a big old guess but maybe unsettled the bearings ... causing the instrumental that comes from it whilst maneuvering ...

Ahh makes sense thanks, should probably note this is intermittent and varies with speed and sometimes not at all

Replacing the rear beam/axle for a Xsara VTS one soon anyway as mine is showing a bit of negative camber so will this rectify it?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I'd guess so yeah as lo g as the bearings in vrs beam aren't knackered too.

Maybe best changing them for piece of mind.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Beam and Brake squeeking while turning? JTaylor2005 5 1,637 20-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Handbrake Groaning? Optikal 9 2,404 17-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Optikal
  clunk when turning rd070707 8 2,461 15-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Last Post: RePT