Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
Foobs or Scott did it Chris?

Fingers crossed its pennies to pass the MOT and you can get that big step closer to getting the new lump in Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
phew...I paniced!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So today I decided that before I remove the original clutch and flywheel from the 2.2 I'd remove the crank pulley so I can do the cam belt and more importantly swap to my shiny lynx one. Anyway the gun wasn't man enough to undo it so I had to use the breaker bar. Sadly I couldn't find a decent locking point for the flywheel so used my ingenuity, enter stage left Mr and Mrs pry bar. One jammed wasn't enough so I had one wedged between the flywheel and the head and the other between the flywheel, the floor and my foot while stopping the engine falling over with my knee. Anyway don't try this at home kids as I thought I was gonna snap the pry bar but eventually it came undone.

Decided that I'd better check that the pulleys were the same and fortunately they are.

Next I decided that I'd have a bash at removing the swirl flaps, long story short its about a million bolts, my injector pipes didn't want to budge and I wasn't entirely confident that I could keep the timing of both cams with the carriers off so I gave up before removing the cam carriers. I then spent 10 mins fishing about with a torch and a very long cable tie trying to drop the tie down a swirl flap inlet tract while flipping the lever back and forth and eventually worked out the open position for the flaps. Gonna bolt through the lever to stop it moving.

One day I will find the enthusiasm to remove and clean the inlet manifold but that day isn't gonna be today and its not gonna be tomorrow either.

Also for those who didnt see the thread in the lounge I slightly reversed into yet another bollard the other day.
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10794]
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10795]
Thanks given by:
surely the flaps are needed?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 07:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: surely the flaps are needed?

Nah not really, they do increase the efficiency by shutting off 4 of the 8 inlet ports at low rpm/boost to increase the velocity of the intake charge and give better swirl thus better mix, cleaner burn and more power/economy but I don't reckon I drive that slowly often enough for it to be worth the mind f*ck of trying to control them opening and closing at the right times.
Thanks given by:
Soooooo, its pay day and ive spent far too much on the car. About half the money for bits I need to get her through the MOT and half on shinys to make the 2.2 work.
Thanks given by:
Chris the tensioner setup is seperate to the top rocker cover part, your safe to take it off, there easy to time up anyway....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I am enjoying the crank locking tools.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 11:55 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Chris the tensioner setup is seperate to the top rocker cover part, your safe to take it off, there easy to time up anyway....
Yeah its just that I didn't want to loosen off the cam belt tensioner as it was it was damp and i wasn't in the mood for counting cam belt teeth to make sure it times up correctly later. I may do it properly at some point.

(19-10-2013, 09:01 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: I am enjoying the crank locking tools.
Cheers mate, thought it was an inspired idea Smile

Anyway I've been to wales today and been reminded of why I hate the welsh police but I've picked up a new interior. Any guesses what its out of?

I might see If it bolts in tomorrow depending on how hard its still trying to rain.

Thanks given by:
what wrong with my old lovely "part worn" interior!? Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
E36/46 half leather sports interior?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@Piggy - LOL the interior you gave me was good (for the money) but I want something a bit different, a bit more comfortable and that goes a bit further back and sits lower down.

You can have the fronts back if these fit if you want (bring your welder when you pop over to pick them up lol).

(20-10-2013, 04:12 PM)Chris Wrote: E36/46 half leather sports interior?
Damn you your right, E36
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 04:12 PM)Chris Wrote: E36/46 half leather sports interior?

This didn't take much guessing haha.
[Image: signaturerrf_zps1c82612b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The side bolsters and pattern of the fabric give it away. Coupe interior by any chance.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 04:15 PM)Chris Wrote: The side bolsters and pattern of the fabric give it away. Coupe interior by any chance.

Dont remember mate.
Thanks given by:
I think they need to go in my car, it would be much easier Wink
Thanks given by:
You think they might fit straight in?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 04:15 PM)Chris Wrote: The side bolsters and pattern of the fabric give it away. Coupe interior by any chance.
Turns out it was a coupe.

(20-10-2013, 05:12 PM)tenwierdufos Wrote: I think they need to go in my car, it would be much easier Wink
It would but much less awesome, you can have the rears if you want for a beer or 2

(20-10-2013, 05:35 PM)Tom Wrote: You think they might fit straight in?
I was hoping that although the distance between the rails is narrower on the BMW seats (by about 40mm) the fact that the BMW has big holes for its mounts and the 306 mounts slide would mean I could get away with it but it doesnt look like I can. The BMW rails are also about 100mm longer.

That said I got the passenger one in on the nearside front bolt and they are sooooooooooo comfy, with the height all the way up and the headrest up it will touch the roof but with it down itll easily slide back far enough to touch the rear seats. Cant wait to see if i can actually get them fitted tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
look forward to seeing them fitted. IMO, the seats is the biggest let down of the 306 but then i think that might just be something that tall people suffer from!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 06:12 PM)Niall Wrote: look forward to seeing them fitted. IMO, the seats is the biggest let down of the 306 but then i think that might just be something that tall people suffer from!
I think part of the issue is the angle of the base as well as not going back far enough. These BMW seats although wont go any lower are a huge amount more adjustable and will give me a huge amount more front leg room, As I said above, theyll happily go back far enough to touch the rear seats so you cant do any better than that.

The only downside is they weigh an absolute fuckton they must be about twice as heavy as the 306 ones.
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what i found with the RX8 seats. Much more adjustability except bolsters Sad
Mine are actually slightly higher than the 306 seats (will be changing that soon when i find time!) but because they are much more "bucket like", they are in a much better position for driving. Now i just need to bring the steering wheel towards me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah im gonna have exactly the same issue with these, steering wheel too far away lol but this can be solved easily with becauseracecar dished wheel and a spacer or quick release.
Thanks given by:
100mm longer, wow that is quite a lot! Talk about going back further...
Thanks given by:
Those seats should be awesome, if you can make them fit lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 05:34 AM)Poodle Wrote: Those seats should be awesome, if you can make them fit lol.

Shouldn't take alot of effort, just need to get some angle iron. I really need to get off my arse and do something with my day but thats not happening.
Thanks given by:
So my intercooler turned up today. Was hoping it was going to be very close to the Iveco daily coolers that I like but its wider, taller and not quite as thick however the pipes are 2.5" both sides. sub £50 brand new delivered is not to be sniffed at though.

Heres the BMW passenger seat side by side with the 306 one.

And here it is bolted in place with the 1 bolt that lines up where I want it to. As you can see it goes substantially further back. Ill sort out brackets on my days off this week.

Thanks given by:
LOL@ the rear legroom! haha
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 07:10 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: LOL@ the rear legroom! haha

The picture doesn't show it well but thats actually touching. That said some cars come like that out the factory.

Absolutely cant wait to get the drivers seat in and hopefully be comfortable.
Thanks given by:
So can you only get one bolt in then chris?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 07:46 PM)puglove Wrote: So can you only get one bolt in then chris?

But if you use an M24 bolt, instead of 4 M6 ones, 4x6=24, therefore it's 4x as strong and you only need one /dumdummaths
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,502 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,829 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,201 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum