Needing some ICE advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needing some ICE advice
Nice setups some of you guys have Smile and i mainly listen to cd or ipod and i have double checked its a kenwood 241 cd player i have the now not the greatest i must say but does the job till the time i have the money spare.

is it a hard job fitting 165vb's in the 3 doors or is it simple enough i will probably get it all sound proofed and get someone that a bit more experienced than myself to fit it all in and make spacers Wink
Thanks given by:
The biggest issue you will have is the window slider as mentioned, but it also depends on what size spacer ring you use.

Oh... i blew my w7 up the other day lol so my system doesnt sound all that great just running of a wo now Sad
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
small update folks ive acquired some second hand stuff for next to nothing over last month

i have now got a 1000w JBL sub for free off my friend
and my other friend gave me his alpine 4 channel 360w amp for £15

so in total it's cost me £15 for a sub & amp

I'm going to leave fitting the sub till last as i think i should get good sound quality from speakers first i will hopefully be getting 165vb's at christmas but where can i get these from as car audio security not listing them now are the 165kr better or what.

I have looked at these aswell but had my mind set on 165vb's

also will my 360w amp run these speakers setup in 2 channels each run these speakers well

will be getting a bigger amp for the sub but i want sound quality over bass.

thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
so late it's unreal but i run on bmt lol.

Did you sort out the rest of your set?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 07:11 PM)Curt Wrote: You can't beat Alpine head units IMO, I've got 2x IDA-X001s and they're brilliant if you don't need a CD player. They do lots of varying types of that same unit, so plenty on the bay of e.

I purchased a variant of that very head unit on ebay, and it is excellent, it has improved the quality even just from standard speakers, works flawlessly with the control stalk, controls the ipod, shows track information and even album art on screen, and is all-around just brilliant. I paid 65-75 pounds for it, including the ipod cable.

You can make your budget go really far by buying some of this 2nd hand if you're willing to wait for good bits to come up.

When I start my new job I think I will probably upgrade the speakers to alpine as well.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
@retropug check out focal 165 access components or if money can stretch the 165vb's and I assure you you'll not be disappointed. Just changed my car and still running the standard speakers and they shocking lol. got my vb's to go in but got to wait for some sound deadening to arrive
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Thanks, will have a look at them when I think about upgrading!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: