Best Tyres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tyres
Part worn budget tyres/thread. All I've ever had and never skidded not once. As long as you drive sensibly there isn't an issue. People are IMAGINING an issue.
Thanks given by:
theres the PS5 out soon...worth waiting for...

oh no, wait, different subject!

(18-07-2013, 01:43 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Part worn budget tyres/thread. All I've ever had and never skidded not once. As long as you drive sensibly there isn't an issue. People are IMAGINING an issue.

/facepalm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yup, deny the truth all you want to.
Thanks given by:
Not true puggy. If it was a case of just planning ahead, we could all buy budgets but it's not that simple. The stopping distance between a budget and premium tyre can be huge which could save a life if someone runs out in front of you!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Also depends what you want to do with them, you'd have to be an idiot to take part-worn budgets out on track, which the op has said he wants to do. I have just spent £246.something (rather than the £400+ list price) for a full set of pe2s delivered to the door, there are bargains to be had if you're willing to look. So far they've been great, I've only done about 500 miles on them, but they felt unshakeable going up prescott and communicate nicely.

The rolling radius difference between 55 and 50 profiles (ie the amount the speedo is affected by) is a little over 3%, or 2mph at 70, really nothing to worry about from that perspective.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 02:11 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Yup, deny the truth all you want to.

pot, kettle, black.

May I ask if you know how to check the age of a tyre??

Coz I have looked into it, and most part worns are WELL passed their best.

Taking a risk with your tyres is like shutting your eyes while approaching a roundabout
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well you know, why spend half the value of the car on tyres for christ's sake. The part worns I got were practically brand new, £20 per corner. Not let me down yet in 10000 miles, still loads of tread!
Thanks given by:
Just FYI; new Dunlop sport Blu-response; £80 a corner, hardly the cost of the car and were awesome up Prescott hill. Highly recommended over the previous Goodyear eagle F1's
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 07:23 AM)306Puggy Wrote: Well you know, why spend half the value of the car on tyres for christ's sake. The part worns I got were practically brand new, £20 per corner. Not let me down yet in 10000 miles, still loads of tread!

So if you buy a 200 quid shed of a car with f*cked brakes, you wouldn't fix them because it Mau cost more than the car? For someone who is supposedly a member of the IAM, your outlook on safety critical items is very narrow!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I need to get some new treads myself. They're just some budget Toyo ones that were on the 6 when I got it. They certainly do the job but I've heard them scrub in situations where I wouldn't expect them to scrub at all.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 07:43 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Just FYI; new Dunlop sport Blu-response; £80 a corner, hardly the cost of the car and were awesome up Prescott hill. Highly recommended over the previous Goodyear eagle F1's

Aren't the blu-responses eco tyres?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Technically, yes, purely because they fall into an Eco category rating through tyre noise and fuel consumption rating.

The garage/mechanic we bought them from could have sold us more expensive tyres happily (and the f1's were more expensive which we wanted) but recommended these as he/his mates use them on track/road use regularly.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, be interested to see how they cope.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeh; so far, they've done pretty well. mind you; the tyres are for daily spec also. So the eco friendliness is a bonus

as said, track time they were spot on. mind you, i didn't push it THAT hard, but not once did i feel them sniggle at all
Thanks given by:
Eco tyres are a load of rubbish. The amount of fuel they save is barely noticeable but they are substantially harder compound. I had ecocontact 3s on my skoda (hardly a budget tyre!) And they used to aqua plane if the guy on the radio said there was a chance of rain! Terrible tyre. Only good thing was they lasted a long time.
The PS3s are a F on the eco scale so I will see how badly my econnomy is affected. If it drops to 7mpg cruising, then I might consider changing :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will have to let me know how you find the PS3's niall, tempted to swap to them over my PE2's.. almost dead!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haven't really pushed them yet as I'm still scrubbing them in but so far very good. Cornering is much sharper and road noise is a lot less than my old eagle f1s.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: