WHICH ENGINE MOUNT??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHICH ENGINE MOUNT??
Question 
At idle the steering wheel shakes like mad, When I pull away there's a little knock and when I turn it off, the whole car shakes!

Which mount is it most likely to be? I've looked through guides etc but most people mention gear stick shaking in 4th etc but not so much here! Huh
Thanks given by:
Open bonnet, shake engine backwards and forwards.. that'll give you a good idea at which mount is gone
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is it advisable to change the lot at the same time or not?
Thanks given by:
Look under the sump at the bottom mount, the rubber mount on mine was broke off the casing! That caused a lot of movement.

I've just changed all 3 and it made a whole lot if difference. More cabin rattle but the engine feels solid Smile.
Thanks given by:
Hard to say exactly which. Highly unlikely to be the gearbox one (but dont rule it out).

If it clonks when you pull away that kinda says top mount (and not just the mount probably need the metal underneath welded) but the heavy vibrating on idle could be the lower mount.

Id probably do the top first and see if it cures things and if not then do the bottom as you have to take the drive shaft out to do the bottom one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox engine mount DeeTurbo 15 2,859 17-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  So today I went to change an engine mount... jordanhdi 8 3,427 11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Lower engine mount dimensions highwayman306 15 3,397 23-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard