Headgasket help/ Engine rebuilding Q's/Bad to f*cking worse.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headgasket help/ Engine rebuilding Q's/Bad to f*cking worse.
My impact bits havent let me down yet, so if gun wont move them breaker bar should, Ive taken the head off hundreds of xuds in my life, and never had a problem, so cant see it being that bad, does seem odd how your breaking to many bits though!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
So tom's not already using a breaker bar on these ?? Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I think what darren saying is that there should be no reason why a breaker bar wouldn't slacken them off. Tom's been using one but destroying bits...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got some more help and we have made 7 move then broke another bit! Me pulling the bar and mate smashing them round with a hammer and chisel, just going to get another bit and should hopefully have the head off today!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
From bad to f*cking worse, finally got all the bolts out thought yes here we go... head wouldnt come off, turns out you have to take the top bolt out the tensioner so i need a new one of those lol. Got the head off and theres a chunk gouged out next to the valve seat where i stupidly got a crow bar under there to lever the head off and ALL the precupts have atleast 2 cracks in, one has 4 or 5 :/ On the verge of just breaking it now and getting something else, if its this f*cked after just a few months on a td04 its not going to last another year and let me push it harder :/
Anyway pics of shit.
[Image: IMGP2539_zps34ff5f1e.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2536_zps749c53b8.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2537_zps38061edb.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2538_zps33555b4e.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2535_zps10e25a85.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2533_zps48b62bad.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2534_zpsb9683d27.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
TOM :O WTF!!

The cracks in the precups is nothing to worry about, all IDI crack them, wouldnt matter at all, however the damage you did to valve dosnt look good, what on earth did you have a crowbar between the deck and the head for!!

Just find a used head and change it tbh...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
It would not come out so i tried to lever it out, then found the tensioner bolt and thought fucksakes.

You sure the cracks are ok? Doesnt look healthy to me:/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 05:33 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dont worry about locking it before you take it apart, just get it stripped, and then lock everything when you put it back together, as crank will turn easily then Smile

You will need to remove both manifolds, and also extract the dowell from the engine mount bracket, or if you find that hard, remove the entire engine mount bracket.

(10-07-2013, 05:57 PM)Tom Wrote: It would not come out so i tried to lever it out, then found the tensioner bolt and thought fucksakes.

You sure the cracks are ok? Doesnt look healthy to me:/

D'OH. Epic fail tbh.
Thanks given by:
Lol fail, it doesnt say about the cambelt tensioner there...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Christ man! That's crazy
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Is that dowell not the one that goes through the mount into the head and holds the tensioner together though?
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 06:21 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Is that dowell not the one that goes through the mount into the head and holds the tensioner together though?

Dont think so, i think the bolt that releases the tensioner so it can take up slack goes into the head, so when i got that off the head just fell off the block. The dowel just goes through the mount and into the block.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ah. Whatever it is, I struggled to lift the head on my first HG change until I found something wedged in there. Still.. i didn't use a crowbar lol
Thanks given by:
If im honest i didnt think it through lol. The bores looked nice though, especially since i have been defiltered for a year :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Dont give up with it. Just get a 2nd hand head
Thanks given by:
Hammer and chisel to take the head studs out and a crowbar to lift the head off!, that's pikey as f*ck.

110749351844 eBay that on my phone so can't link

But I had the same trouble as you bought one of them and not had a issue since
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
New engine on the way with a bosch going to take the head off that one get it skimmed and new gaskets and seals, bosch will be sold on to make money back. Lets hope these headstuds arent tight!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just don't use a crowbar!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Matt! Lol atleast now i've had a practise one
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got new engine day, head off in like 20minutes, now leaving the machine shop, new head is getting skimmed pressure tested and rebuilt with new everything. Hooray.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MLS headgasket enquiries. 205dtub 14 3,960 18-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: vinny
  Headgasket failure? AdamInNi 3 1,311 31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: AdamInNi
  headgasket ? Teddy 6 1,826 23-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin