Suspension refresh on a HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspension refresh on a HDi Estate
What would be a good setup to go for, and by good I mean cheap but something that will last, not bottom of the barrel cheap! It's not a track car so don't need ultimate performance, just for it to stick better in the corners (which with how boat like it is currently even new stock kit would do, but if it's all coming off why not upgrade Angel )

HDi estate, on a 195/50/15 tyre, I think I want to go just -40MM at the front probably using these springs as have heard good things about them: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1-...43bd749e7e

ECP have the Bilstein shocks for a good price with the club discount, but I'm not sure if they are the same (B4?) shocks that come in this kit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-40...3f26c24cae

I'd finish off the install with new top mounts as well I think, makes it easier to swap the struts back later all in one if I sell the car/sell on the newer lowered suspension.

So bit of a ramble, but what else out there is recommended?
Thanks given by:
In my opinion I'd go with b4 shocks and either spax or bilstein springs
And get some koni adjustables on the rear
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Have a browse in the for sale section, always some suspension components available. 40mm drop with the back to match, uprated shocks for the rear, gaz or koni are a good investment as if you do sell on they will hold some value better. Then some better bilsteins for the front i think b4s are the standards and then b6 and b8 are your upgrade options. Then you could stick a couple or strut braces on the front.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have just seen the cheap Bilstein shocks on ECP aren't B4's but an oil damped unit, but if you click through to the Peugeot 306 section rather than going by reg they are listing the B4 gas shocks but not in stock and only for one side of the car it seems?

eBay seems to have them though. Just lots of part numbers to get through, Bilstein website has loads of choices!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  405 estate rear suspension collapsed firemoth 14 2,850 07-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: firemoth
  206 suspension users? Rock hard suspension HDIkyle 10 4,044 10-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: puglove
Star Estate suspension Willo 13 3,048 23-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum