Driver side central locking unit and wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver side central locking unit and wiring
Rainbow 
I need to test the wiring on the socket plug for the central locking unit.

Also how about a test for the central locking unit?

I got 2 multi meters but not the best at using them so any help would be great. I've got the door card of ready to start.

I've just fitted a new loom in the driver door. The windows, mirrors and interior light all work fine.

306 hdi thanks
Thanks given by:
Dont quote me mate but with a multi meter u need to locate the live feed on it then i think you test the corrosponding wires IE red live and say green and purple go to locking mech you put the negative feed on the green or purple and a reading should come up....like i said dont quote me lol...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
So is there anymore idea's on this as I would really like to test the motor and wiring out asp.

thanks
Thanks given by:
it just receives a switching live feed of 12vs

to unlock the live goes in one wire and to lock, the opposite one.

simples
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So just put the red probe on the red power feed wire. Then the black probe on all the other colour wires?

Also while testing that try using the central locking to see if any changes happen on the feed to?
Thanks given by:
I got the central locking working in the end. I put anther door piller loom in. So that sorted out afew things. The central locking still wouldn't work. So I got anther motor connected it to the loom connector and it worked fine.

You could lock the doors on the driver side only manual with the key due to that motor not working. But could open and close the others once the driver door was locked using the remote. But the driver side wouldn't with the remote due to the motor.

So now I've fitted a new motor on the car its working great now.
Thanks given by:
Smile Smile Smile

good feelings Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2013, 08:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Smile Smile Smile

good feelings Smile

Sure is Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,109 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,268 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,605 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306