Help !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help !
EGT is important because things start to melt when they hit certain temperatures. When they get hot, they change shape and warp and that's where your problems start. No matter what the engine is at, the EGT could be much higher and melting things in the local vicinity... I'd have thought that would have come under common sense.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
As a general rule, if its clean, you're *probably* safe, but if your smoking then its gonna be melting things after long pulls.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Soooo. What ARIP Studs should we buy?
Thanks given by:
Never mind. I am very close in finding and ordering that "special" ARP kit that goes with no spacers on a XUD9 engine. I haven't been searching for months like some people say around here. 3-4 Days of emailing some ARP dealers and almost found that perfect studs kit.

And because some people around here think they found gold and don't share some silly information, i , a poor romanian, am going to post a link / information with that kit so that everybody could buy the perfect kit with no spacers.
Thanks given by:
Theres a guy on here selling the arp studs for xud's chap....

for sale section!

but let us know what you find
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2013, 08:59 AM)Anton Wrote: I'm not surprised you are lifting the head. Haven't commented because its already been mentioned.

In regards to the head studs, there are NO stock studs available for PSA XUD fitment. However some people have found some that fit direct from another vehicle but its being kept a secret as it took months of research...

this is quite simply ridiculous. The guy's not a novice; he's built a decent lump by the sounds of it and is having some quite advanced issues in terms of DERV tuning. He's worked out that the head is lifting. At least PM him and help him out?? christ, i understand and appreciate the time and research which goes into unique finds, honestly, i do, and i'm never a fan of sharing information publically, but come on.....
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ginge if i had the information i would! But its not my research and not my decision....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 09:05 AM)Anton Wrote: Ginge if i had the information i would! But its not my research and not my decision....

Apologies; i read this as if you had researched the information and wern't willing to share.

It's a shame that a community holds secrets for people trying to progress and having difficulties.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 06:55 AM)Piggy Wrote: Theres a guy on here selling the arp studs for xud's chap....

for sale section!

but let us know what you find

Sold out.
Thanks given by:
ARP studs arrived. Haven't mounted them yet. ARP guys, at what torque? Some say 90NM; some say 90fttq
Thanks given by:
PM'd you
Thanks given by:
Received.
Thanks given by: