WTF Paypal!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Paypal!
Just got a notification on my phone as I was going to bed that I had successfully made a payment!
WTF I haven't bought anything!!! Something/Someone has just took £53.33 / €60.00 from my bank to themselves!
I swear things just go bad to worse for me, barely scraping by, already overdrawn cuz tv-licence went out today, council tax due on thurs and now a extra 50 odd quid over my limit and can take ten day to investigate so even if my money comes in on Thursday I still won't have enough to sort council tax let alone food, fuel, gas, elec, etc.
FFS!
Anyone had anything like this happen?
The transaction ID says Virtual World Services GmbH
Thanks given by:
was that a notification on your actual paypal or an email? heard a few rumors of a paypal scam going around recently
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The paypal app on my phone pinged a notification. So I logged in to my paypal and its all there, bank transfer-paypal-currencyconversion-seller! What friggin seller!!! I ain't bought anything! Just googled it seems its some kind of interweb currency exchange in Austria!
Thanks given by:
This happened to me monday last week I stupidity answered it enter details then though 'fuk they got me' change password s on paypal notived paypal and canceled on debit card.

I only actually notice the notification because it was in junk mail with my fcs paddock past.

Notice they address you as customer paypal always address you by name
And notice the address which they sent it from its not a paypal one.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Just checked my junk emails, nowt in there. Not had any contact from or with the actual company, only had a receipt of payment from paypal, checked that, it's all legit so been on paypal, opened unauthorised transaction dispute and had to change all my passwords, pins, security questions etc.
Thanks given by:
Ever tryed to ring paypal direct?

I did and they where quite helpful.you get giving a one off pass code which allows you to be bummed up to first in the queue.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Can't be doin with ringin PayPal at this time I gotta be up and out by 06:30 so gona get some shut eye will probably give them a call on my break tomorrow morning. Still it's screwed up all my already precarious finances for this week at the very least regardless of the outcome.
Thanks given by:
Off topic, but do people still pay for a tv licence?? What for o.O
Thanks given by:
Mainly to keep the power tripping gimboid in a suit off ya doorstep threatening to take ya to court and do ya for £1k and having a smarmy smirk as he reads you the caution thinking he's all big and important like the police. All makes me giggle though.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2013, 02:08 AM)RePT Wrote: Off topic, but do people still pay for a tv licence?? What for o.O

You're not helping your rep as a complete tool, you know...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-07-2013, 02:08 AM)RePT Wrote: Off topic, but do people still pay for a tv licence?? What for o.O

Not sure if serious...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
With the amount of on-demand available on the internet nowadays you don't even really need TV, just download all your favourite shows, miss all the adverts and save yourself £145 a year
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still need a tv licence regardless if yo watch the or not and it now applys to things like bbc iplayer itv on demand ect
Thanks given by:
^^^ Id thought you only needed it to watch TV live so if you watch say skins on 4OD at the time its shown on the TV then you need a licence but it you watch it an hour later then you dont.
Thanks given by:
You're right dum, only time you ever need a TV licence is for LIVE streaming TV, anything recorded you don't need a licence for...

from the TV licence site: "You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast."

"You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands."

Cheeky delete niall Wink
Thanks given by:
Oh well not what I was told but he was an idiot. End of the day dont tbink its something you can get away with unless you can prove it 100% I know places like currys inform them when you buy a new tv bastards
Thanks given by:
I had the TV licence people come round before we needed the licence and i literally explained that we didn't watch live tv (tried to 'catch me out' asking if i'd seen the footy) he said no worries and left, no issues or arguments
Thanks given by:
It's no biggie if you get caught, we tried it on at uni and managed 6 months or so till my housemate got caught watching it.
They give you a bit of paper as a warning, the basic jist being if you sign up for a licence in the next 7 days we won't fine you.
My housemate said the inspector guy was pretty safe about it to be fair.

That was 6 or 7 years ago now, they might have cracked down on it?
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 11:36 PM)7057sam Wrote: Ever tryed to ring paypal direct?

I did and they where quite helpful.you get giving a one off pass code which allows you to be bummed up to first in the queue.

Can't say I got bummed...

Anyway, apparently I bought a new Samsung S3 (few months back) for £330+, the first I knew about it was a similar email, I rang Paypal (using the one off pass code thing), they put my straight through to the Fraud department who had already seen it, cancelled it and reversed all of the payments and were investigating it for me. Pretty swift response I thought, really pleased to see as well.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Had a email off them saying they've decided the case in my favour and a refund has been issued. Still wana know how a company I never heard of managed to authorise a payment though? I hadn't bought anything, and I thought paypal worked on the basis of only YOU can send money, not like a company can just type in your email and get money from you without you even clicking ok or something.
Thanks given by:
Ok, so they've decided in my favour, a refund has been issued.......... But my bank is still £53 down, and my PayPal account shows £0.00. Just been on the phone to them, although I'm the victim and I have proven that, and although the refund has been issued they're holding onto the money and it won't appear in my PayPal until at least the 8th-10th, but they won't be returning it to my bank, once it re-appears its then up to me to log in and withdraw funds which can take between 2-72hrs.
How is it that someone can fraudulently withdraw funds from my bank to PayPal to themselves in whatever friggin country in a matter of seconds, yet it will take me potentially upto 13days to get my money back where it belongs! Something sucks with this system. Spoke to the council today they've given me some leeway but its still a big kick in the danglies when I never did out wrong, and they still have no answers as to how the fraudsters managed to get their paws on my money in the first place.
Thanks given by:
Ring paypal and tell them if the money isn't back in your account within 24 hours you're reporting it to your bank as fraudulent and will let them sort it out.

They can lay extra charges on Paypal for this.
Thanks given by:
Really? How so? Surely my bank won't give me the time of day seeing as my PayPal is fully linked and verified to my account and my debit card so surely they'd just pass it off as I gave them the means to?
I'm more concerned about the fact they aren't refunding it to my bank only to my PayPal, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought PayPal charged you to withdraw funds out to your bank account? So even though the money has been refunded from the fraudsters in order for me to actually get it back I'm gona have to pay a percentage to withdraw it? I wouldn't know as its so long since I was a seller on eBay but I seem to remember being charged to withdraw something or other?
Thanks given by:
Free to withdraw now and no longer have to wait a few days, usually there in about 2 hours just like a bank transfer.
Thanks given by:
PayPal don't even know there own system they only do things to benefit them. Every time I try to withdraw over £50 it always gets put on hold for 24 hours for "security checks" dispite saying 2 hour withdrawal. Last time they did it I got a shitty excuse its on hold because you've logged into your account previously today. Yeah that would be because I'm waiting on a payment and checking if its arrived!

A friend of mine held his bike racing fund in paypal of around 2/3k. Somebody had got into the account setup up a bank account and left it for a month. Then when this person knew it hadn't been spotted he took the lot then deleted the bank account.

After contacting paypal my freind had asked where the account was they said it was in Los Angeles. My freind then asked dont you find it suspicious that a uk account all of a sudden had an American bank account linked all the money from the past year in savings then withdrawn and account shut. Isn't there any procedure for large withdrawals? the person answered its not suspicious at all you need to prove its not you over there
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 08:56 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: Really? How so? Surely my bank won't give me the time of day seeing as my PayPal is fully linked and verified to my account and my debit card so surely they'd just pass it off as I gave them the means to?
I'm more concerned about the fact they aren't refunding it to my bank only to my PayPal, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought PayPal charged you to withdraw funds out to your bank account? So even though the money has been refunded from the fraudsters in order for me to actually get it back I'm gona have to pay a percentage to withdraw it? I wouldn't know as its so long since I was a seller on eBay but I seem to remember being charged to withdraw something or other?

Paypal is just another service, and their security is pretty dodgy so banks get loads of complaints about them.
They don't have to abibe by the same rules as banks and are pretty much a law unto themselves really.

Just tell your bank that paypal are allowing fraudulent transactions to be charged to your account and they should lay the smackdown.
Thanks given by:
Paypal are the kids on the playground dealing penny sweets, they have so many issues with how their system works. I dont get why if you sell something on ebay for PICKUP ONLY CASH ON COLLECTION, there is still an ability to pay with paypal; which I have found for some reason most people do.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paypal Email... Toms306 10 1,890 27-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  PayPal- lifting withdraw limits? strictly_perv 6 1,873 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Matt
  Paypal gift gone walkies? C2K 5 1,753 28-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel