remapped hdi goes random :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remapped hdi goes random :/
yo ! just wondering if any1s had issues like these on a remapped hdi ? i brought mine just over a year ago on 120k, everything was fine, fuel pump went (ive heard thats a common problem lol) now its aroud 150k mark n does these random things like ill be goin up the gears and it will be a sbit sloppy n slow as if th clutch was slippin, n then ill go to turn it off n it will stay running for a few seconds n then when it oes off, turn it back on and the engine management light will b on. ... ? its done it a couple of times? its ok atm ... random little bursts like .. lol .. any1 had similar ??? xx
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it could be dirty fuel pressure regulator, the sensor in the side of the hp pump in your engine bay. Take it out give it a blast with some wd-40 or carb cleaner (remove rubber rings first) and put back together.
Also are you sure the clutch isn't slipping lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah defo sounds like a dirty fuel pressure regulator as above.

Also a good service with fuel and air filter changes will help if they haven't been done in a while.

Nice avatar pic btw.
Thanks given by:
hey yeh ur probs rite as its 7k over due a service :/ i need to get it done lol thanks guys !! and yeh im sure its not the clutch lol and thanks Smilexx
Thanks given by:
7k overdue, f*ck. Watch the text talk aswell, easier for people to help when they know what your saying :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it its 7k overdue thats like 20k since its last service so get it done and she should be fine.

If it doesn't solve your problem then definitely try cleaning the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks given by:
lol cheeeeeers Smile xx
Thanks given by:
Serviced it yet then, did it work?
Thanks given by:
havent yet, gotta book it in this week Big Grin i will let ya know Smile
Thanks given by:
Why not do it yourself or see if there's anyone local to help you do it unless your getting a good price on having it done.

There's a guide to servicing a HDi here >> http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-35-post-104.html#pid104

To prove it was easy i got my ex fiancee to do it and shes no mechanic.
Thanks given by:
lol yeh my mates doing it but hes stacked atm, i got the bits i needed lol just waiting for him haha !! was it succesful? lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
What the servicing or the engagement?
Thanks given by:
ha ohhhh sorrry :/ servicing i meant lol
Thanks given by:
No worries, yeah it was fine. It really is an easy job.

The engagement not so good lol
Thanks given by:
ouch :/ sorry lol ... anyway she did some of ur hard work for u Tongue ftw !! haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah exactly. TBH pat of the reason we split up was my 306 obsession and always being skint throw modding cars. I currently own 3. 2 need to go TBH.

Anyway I'm guessing Aylesbury is a bit far from Cornwall but if you did want to come up and I'll guide you through servicing your car thats cool cos I've got all the tools.
Thanks given by:
Im local and could help i spose? Need to finish my car before i can get anyone else in the garage though.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my HDI remapped boggs 8 1,830 26-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Last Post: boggs
  Finally remapped camoturd 7 1,755 31-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: camoturd
  hdi remapped turning over not starting MissWoop 56 8,332 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: MissWoop