rear brake load compensator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear brake load compensator
how does this thing work?
is it ajustable?
does it need ajusting cause of lowerage?

mine on the six is under compresion (closed) all the time
so when the car gets loaded its under even more spring tension

the lever is free but held closed by the smaller spring on the back side when the car is jacked up

im guessing under brake pressure the valve moves via hydrolic force but the spring loads it to stop this under load in the car

so valve closed = little brake force to rear
valve open = more brake force to rear

what effects dose this have on braking if its stuck closed?
Thanks given by:
closed...little effect.

I raised this issue a few months back that I bet no one adjusts this when they lower their beam...as such supplying possibly more braking effort than required to the rear
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so that might explain why my 6 is scity as f*ck on the rear under braking
Thanks given by:
quite possible
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so to adjust it i guess i wind some spring tension off the large spring to remove some of the rear brakes
Thanks given by:
I just removed mine I did adjust it but then it started leaking so just removed it and bypassed it
Thanks given by:
but if its over braking the rear now removing it wont help the problem
Thanks given by:
^^^no exactly...removing it will mean it will allow full breaking pressure to be applied 100% of the time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We adjusted mine with putting a shit load of washers on between the arm and the plastic 10mm nut and tightening the nut untill the arm of the compensator was open slightly when the car was on the ground which didn't send all the breaking to the back it was guna b just a quick bodge untill I could find some sort of metal sleeve to go in place of the washers if that makes sense but 2days l8r it stated pissing brake fluid everywhere so I bypassed it which it some times locks up but only on realy heavy breaking you can still buy the compensators of eBay for around £80 what I myt do is put a brake bias valve is that are only £40ish
Thanks given by:
You don't really need it... My Miami doesn't had one, never been an issue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah jst get rid there a waist of time and if ya worried bout locking up etc put a bias valve in
Thanks given by:
im not convinced its the bias valve as the brakes work good

im thinking its the new beam mounts working how they should and im not used to it, maybe i should have gone solid mounts Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,913 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,067 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,968 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben