Stupid ebay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid ebay
I bought some car mats from ebay.

The ad said they will fit my car (1999 saab 9-3 2.0l Petrol convertible)

They dont fit, they are waaaay too big.

Seller wants me to return them for a refund, but I have to pay to send them back.

Since I am not at fault here (the mats are incorrect for the car, so the seller is selling a terrible product) I want him to pay for the postage.

Am I being too fussy here?
Thanks given by:
No you're not fussy, the seller has to pay the fee's if the item is faulty/damaged/incorrect as far as I'm aware.

I had a similar incident as a seller, the item arrived to the customer damaged (well it was glass and labelled fragile, had probably been used as a football....), ebay stated that I had to pay the return fees as the seller. In that particular case I told them not to bother returning it though as a broken glass object was no use to me, just refunded them.
Thanks given by:
no your not being fussy
Only time you should ever have to pay is if you received the item and ordered it incorrectly or you have decided you dont want it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Phew! Dont want to come across as unreasonable!

They are quite big and would cost £4-6 to post id imagine
Thanks given by:
as a seller id want them returned before i issue a refund
Thanks given by:
eBay rules state the seller has to pay for postage unless stated otherwise in the ad, so as long as it doesn't say "buyer pays for any returns postage" they gotta pay it Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
" A refund will be made excluding all P&P costs."

In the seller information Sad
Thanks given by:
Can you contact Ebay for advice? As the advert is incorrect that statement may not apply...
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Its already going through the resolution centre, I will wait a day for his response then ask ebay.
Thanks given by:
sellers hate neg feedback, just mention that you'd hate to have to give him some and ask for a replacement or cost of posting, that's what i did last time and they paypalled me p&p costs . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 07:02 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: ...then ask ebay.

Good luck with that....brain surgery is easier than contacting a real person at ebay! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 07:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: sellers hate neg feedback, just mention that you'd hate to have to give him some and ask for a replacement or cost of posting, that's what i did last time and they paypalled me p&p costs . .Smile

The guy has several recent negative feedbacks, all for sending items that dont fit.....

I am a mug for not checking!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 07:31 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I am a mug for not checking!

Can you name the seller? Looking for some 'tailored' mats for mine.
Thanks given by:
On the subject of floor matts, anyone know anyone selling some decent fitting ones for a 5dr 306?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 08:55 PM)Connor Wrote: On the subject of floor matts, anyone know anyone selling some decent fitting ones for a 5dr 306?

Try and find some genuine rubber ones. I had genuine mats in my 106 and found a 306 set, they fit so much better than others I've seen in peoples cars.
Thanks given by:
^What he said......I found a decent genuine set at my local breakers and picked them up for pennies. A good clean and they came up good as new.

here's a set.........http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-RUBBER-FLOOR-MATS-X-4-/141003258173?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20d472f93d
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stupid ebay sellers!! kernow_joe 5 1,372 12-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  Stupid Ebay people! cpikey316_ 6 1,517 25-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Stupid stupid car trends....is it just localised??? Craig-o 47 11,371 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: declantg