Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
(24-02-2015, 12:51 AM)procta Wrote: do I see a twin snail setup there? your going to be high as a kite off the boost from this! as I can it been on a constant spool!  
what made you swop the shell over to a phase 2 shell?  
cracking piece of engineering mind!

Thanks Procta, i hope so! Went ph2 because i wanted a diablo 3dr and jonny was scrapping this one, the front end will end up being unrecognisable anyway, so i can cope with the ph2-ness for now lol.

(24-02-2015, 04:43 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: How have i only just caught wind of this thread??? Looking absolutley ace fella [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Cheers bud.

(24-02-2015, 09:02 AM)pro_steve Wrote: I'm liking this, it's like you've just gathered a collection of turbos and piled them under your bonnet Smile

Er, how are you meant to do it then? I thought if i got all the parts and just shoved them in it'll work itself out, is that not right..? Confused

I should really update this, nothing of great import has happened, but it is all coming together now. Will try and remember to post some pictures at some point this week.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Were have you placed the ecu on this? As im assuming it cant go in its normal place due to heat/pipes
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 02:11 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(24-02-2015, 12:51 AM)procta Wrote: do I see a twin snail setup there? your going to be high as a kite off the boost from this! as I can it been on a constant spool!  
what made you swop the shell over to a phase 2 shell?  
cracking piece of engineering mind!

Thanks Procta, i hope so! Went ph2 because i wanted a diablo 3dr and jonny was scrapping this one, the front end will end up being unrecognisable anyway, so i can cope with the ph2-ness for now lol.

(24-02-2015, 04:43 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: How have i only just caught wind of this thread??? Looking absolutley ace fella [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Cheers bud.

(24-02-2015, 09:02 AM)pro_steve Wrote: I'm liking this, it's like you've just gathered a collection of turbos and piled them under your bonnet Smile

Er, how are you meant to do it then? I thought if i got all the parts and just shoved them in it'll work itself out, is that not right..? Confused

I should really update this, nothing of great import has happened, but it is all coming together now. Will try and remember to post some pictures at some point this week.
not thought about a phase1 front end?
Thanks given by:
This is taking as long as my 306? Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Get on Trent, got another decade before i'm in any danger of that. Tongue

Procta, i'll be cutting and pasting all over the front end so putting anything nice on would be a waste, much as i'd like a ph1 front.

Ecu is a bit of a problem, there is literally nowhere it will fit in the engine bay. I've got a plan, but want to see if i can make it work before shouting about it, suspect i may get a tad flamed even if it does work. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 02:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: suspect i may get a tad flamed even if it does work. Big Grin

Who cares as long as it works and is safe Smile
Thanks given by:
You've bolted 2 turbo on for about £6.37, nobody gives a f*ck where you put it even if you stick the ecu up your arse sideways as long as it runs.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the votes of confidence. Big Grin

Been my usual self in as much as i've done an awful job of taking pictures as i go, this is everything i have worth looking at from the last month.

I did... something to the console:

[attachment=21902]

Jonny struggled with the hoover:

[attachment=21903]

...but was rather more successful with the welder:

[attachment=21904]

I'm finding some minor clearance issues:

[attachment=21906]

...but at the moment nothing touches and it's all in... so far. Yet to find somewhere to put an airbox lol.

[attachment=21905]

[attachment=21907]

[attachment=21908]

Suspension is all going on tomorrow, need it on it's wheels asap. Probably won't remember to take pictures. Jonny has some already, but not sure he'll upload them either lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oooo getting close buddy Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice work All most there u excited lol u need to get a video up soon plz :-) and tidy the wires there's sooooooooo many lol 
Thanks given by:
I think we both take pictures at the same time, mine are fairly similar lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Very nice work, any reason in particular the two eye was chopped off? Assuming it's going elsewhere?

And I hope you're keeping all those mismatch boost pipes and not getting new shinies! I love that "derv" look Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Stick the air box in the wheel arch where the horns are, plenty of protection from the heat there and a nice cold air supply through the fog hole too. Horns can be stuck anywhere.
Thanks given by:
I think you're right, Jonny, one of us sees the other with a camera and promptly remembers their own lol.

Will try and reattach the towing eye on the other side, not too fussed though. Mismatched pipes will be staying until i get around to welding up some solid boost pipes, i don't really do new and shiny lol.

Is there enough room there for an airbox? Certainly another option i'll keep in mind, cheers.

Today, this happened:

[attachment=21915]

[attachment=21916]

[attachment=21917]

[attachment=21918]

[attachment=21919]

[attachment=21920]

[attachment=21921]

There would be pictures of us fitting the brakes, beam and wheels, but it was pissing it down by that point and cba lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have you got them Hispecs behind them wheels mate?
Glad to see it finally on wheels. Thats like a pretty major milestone i think for most big builds. Was for mine anyway haha.
Was this a air con shell? If so, you could bang the ECU in the passenger footwell (well you can anyway but its easier with a AC shell) like me. Ive run my whole loom through and theres plenty of room for more wiring if needed. Just need a bracket for the ECU as it flops around the passenger footwell currently lol.
Also, have i told you about my metro?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 07:42 PM)Niall Wrote: Also, have i told you about my metro?

lol
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I've found some pictures!

[attachment=21932][attachment=21933][attachment=21934][attachment=21935][attachment=21936][attachment=21937][attachment=21938][attachment=21939]

Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 02:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Er, how are you meant to do it then? I thought if i got all the parts and just shoved them in it'll work itself out, is that not right..? Confused

Making them fit is always the hard part, I could imagine it being a nightmare for boost pipes popping off because there are just so many. On my car I ended up using a black silicone/glue type of stuff at all the joints and it works so well you can actually take the hose clamps off once it's dried.

Out of interest what turbos have you chosen? I'm probably going to stick a GT20 on to my van soon, might try and get another turbo in there somewhere...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 07:42 PM)Niall Wrote: Have you got them Hispecs behind them wheels mate?
Glad to see it finally on wheels. Thats like a pretty major milestone i think for most big builds. Was for mine anyway haha.
Was this a air con shell? If so, you could bang the ECU in the passenger footwell (well you can anyway but its easier with a AC shell) like me. Ive run my whole loom through and theres plenty of room for more wiring if needed. Just need a bracket for the ECU as it flops around the passenger footwell currently lol.
Also, have i told you about my metro?

I do indeed, fit cleanly. Less of a lip on the pad now i've taken the dodgy spacers out of the caliper too...

I can't run the loom through there, it's not an aircon shell and even if it was the wires wouldn't stretch, and even if they did they'd all be up against a red hot exhaust. Short of mounting it to the bonnet i'm pretty sure i've exhausted/ruined all other options lol.

(02-03-2015, 09:34 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I've found some pictures!

Cheers bru.

(03-03-2015, 09:30 PM)pro_steve Wrote:
(24-02-2015, 02:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Er, how are you meant to do it then? I thought if i got all the parts and just shoved them in it'll work itself out, is that not right..? Confused

Making them fit is always the hard part, I could imagine it being a nightmare for boost pipes popping off because there are just so many. On my car I ended up using a black silicone/glue type of stuff at all the joints and it works so well you can actually take the hose clamps off once it's dried.

Out of interest what turbos have you chosen? I'm probably going to stick a GT20 on to my van soon, might try and get another turbo in there somewhere...

Yeah i'm not even going to worry about popping boost pipes at this stage, least of my worries lol! Good idea with the silicone, i'll try that if (when) i have problems.

Currently using a td05 twinscroll and a gt17, think the gt17 might be a bit small though, time will tell. What van have you got then?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Can get a TD06-20G off eBay for £150... From China... Just putting that out there... Wink ninja
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2015, 02:02 PM)silverzx Wrote: Can get a TD06-20G off eBay for £150... From China... Just putting that out there... Wink ninja

Oh, so it'd be a bit too laggy for about 30 seconds before it melted then? Sounds ideal lol

Thanks given by:
(04-03-2015, 02:11 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 02:02 PM)silverzx Wrote: Can get a TD06-20G off eBay for £150... From China... Just putting that out there... Wink ninja

Oh, so it'd be a bit too laggy for about 30 seconds before it melted then? Sounds ideal lol

Naaaaa be chronic b00st m8.

Smaller then a HX35 so s'all good!

Man-dem be running 400 bhp on those on 2.0L petrols.

HDi-massive compound secret ninja project should handle it fine.

Popcorn
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2015, 02:13 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 02:11 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

Naaaaa be chronic b00st m8.

Smaller then a HX35 so s'all good!

Man-dem be running 400 bhp on those on 2.0L petrols.

HDi-massive compound secret ninja project should handle it fine.

Popcorn

Riight....

Thanks given by:
Spiffing work chaps.
Thanks given by:
Love the build fella.

Cant wait to see how it goes when you get there. Smile
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
This must be close to a first start now yes?
Thanks given by:
Lol Trent, such a chronic troll. lol

Cheers Danny, i can't wait either, seeing it back on wheels got me all excited.

Close to a first start...? Yes, compared to the 10 months it's taken to get this far, i'd say it's close. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 01:07 PM)Poodle Wrote: Lol Trent, such a chronic troll. lol

Cheers Danny, i can't wait either, seeing it back on wheels got me all excited.

Close to a first start...? Yes, compared to the 10 months it's taken to get this far, i'd say it's close. Big Grin

[Image: They_see_me_trollin_They_hatin-s407x405-128685.jpg]

Hope it makes bad ass woohchoo cho cho noises for you!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Have been keeping an eye on this, certainly coming together now mate! Will be awesome once she's all done
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Quote:Currently using a td05 twinscroll and a gt17, think the gt17 might be a bit small though, time will tell. What van have you got then?

I've got a Berlingo 2.0 90 with the Siemens system, going to stage 2 it and then if the ECU will allow for more fuelling I'll stick a bigger turbo on there. I've found that the land rover TD5 uses a GT2052 waste gated turbo so I'll probably go with that.

Have you got this thing running yet?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,465 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta