Help :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help :(
Hi Guys,

I was driving down the A1 today when all of a sudden the engine just cut out! Managed to pull into a junction and take a look but the thing just won't start. It cranks over just fine and there's fuel coming out of the filter no problem.

I'm thinking the Bosch fuel pump has died a death. Does this happen a lot with these pumps? Just die while you're doing 70 Mph? Undecided
Thanks given by:
I would run a live feed direct to the solenoid on the pump to make sure that's working properly.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yeh I would have thought it would be something like that, bosch pumps generally show some pre-warning signs they are going to die, but dieing out of the blue is usually just a fuel cut simple fix - where are you im just off the A1 (long shot!)
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm home now. It died on me just before the ASDA junction - Just before Torness Power Station South Bound. Yeah I didn't think these pumps just gave out so suddenly. Where is the stop solenoid?
Thanks given by:
Where the injector lines bolt to the pump, just above them there is a round thing with a wire coming from it.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2009-07-30_091528_bosch_pump.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. Will check that or any of the wiring isn't fecked. Sad
Thanks given by: