2.2 HDi 16v questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 HDi 16v questions
A question for someone who knows more about ECUs and maps than me (everyone then lol)

If i fitted a 2.2 HDi 16v lump with a std HDi box, fly and shafts and used all the DW10 sensors and put new plugs on the 16v injectors would it run alright till i could get a decent remap?
Thanks given by:
Haven't they got piezo-electric injectors?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
f*ck knows, thats why i asked
Thanks given by:
Nah it will run, doubt it'd run well enough to wait, youd need the software at the same time as the engine going in.

But why 2.2?! The 2.0 16v is the same power, smaller, more modern, fits easier, more readily available...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 09:12 PM)Ruan Wrote: Nah it will run, doubt it'd run well enough to wait, youd need the software at the same time as the engine going in.

But why 2.2?! The 2.0 16v is the same power, smaller, more modern, fits easier, more readily available...

because Dum is genuinely under the impression that bigger is automatically best.....which is true right?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2013, 09:21 PM)Niall Wrote:
(17-06-2013, 09:12 PM)Ruan Wrote: Nah it will run, doubt it'd run well enough to wait, youd need the software at the same time as the engine going in.

because Dum is genuinely under the impression that bigger is automatically best.....which is true right?

I ruddy hope so
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[deep south accent]Aint no substitute for cubes[/deep south accent]
Thanks given by:
Well, there is... A better cylinder head and a better turbo...

I think pretty much every manufacturer has proven this by downsizing engines whilst making more power...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Big displacement motors are a thing of the past.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
^^^^ get ready to see tuning boys work on the new ford 1litre turbo plant...

I rekon double the stock power of 100bhp will be seen soon
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
'blonde' moment here.. but will the 8v management work with a 16v head/lump? with a remap ofc..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2013, 08:29 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: 'blonde' moment here.. but will the 8v management work with a 16v head/lump? with a remap ofc..

Yes Smile
Thanks given by:
Piggy they've already got 205bhp out of it....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I knew the 2.2 did, but the 2.0 16v as well? wasn't sure if because it's much newer it'd caused an issue?
Thanks given by:
I suppose as the block is the same capacity it would probably be easier to register too
Thanks given by:
Would've thought so, looking on eBay they aren't anywhere NEAR as expensive as i thought either... Hmmmm
Thanks given by:
The management will run any engine provided you connect it up correctly, it will just smoke / be gutless etc until mapped to suit that exact engine...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
See IMO those engines are still really expensive at around a grand is the cheapest i can see on ebay.
Thanks given by:
There was a cylinder head for £95 and a block with pistons the lot etc.. for £190 earlier
Thanks given by:
yeah but add in all the ancilaries and a HG and suddenly your talking big money
Thanks given by:
You often see big job lots appear on ebay of high milage motors, there basically ex taxi engines, taxi firms just swap them out at 200-300l miles, as the cars worth investing in. Worth it if your rebuilding, maybe not if not though...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
yeah and i suppose thats a good sign for tuning strength if they have easy 300k reliability
Thanks given by:
Just to add, the 1 litre ford engine has already been modified in a road goin version of the formula ford with over 200bhp with standard internals and just a bigger turbo and map
Thanks given by:
There is no substitute for size a 5 litre v10 supercharged and turbo charge will always make more power than a 1litre!!!

f*ck the planet!! f*ck economy!!!! Give me poweeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!!

Ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
im half way through my 4th or 5th 16 to 8v conversion here, everything runs fine
Thanks given by:
cant stop thinking about a 2.0 16v hdi 306 with a gt2260, i hate you dum dum!!!! i think ive everything here though id need to investigate what went wrong with the 2 16v engines i have here....
Thanks given by:
Con id love to know mate, I cant get it out my head either cos ive got an awesome turbo sitting right here that would really suit the 2.2
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2013, 01:57 PM)con67 Wrote: cant stop thinking about a 2.0 16v hdi 306 with a gt2260, i hate you dum dum!!!! i think ive everything here though id need to investigate what went wrong with the 2 16v engines i have here....

I replaced my old 2256 with a gtb2260vk, so once its back on the road one day, we will see!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
GT2359VK is what ive got
Thanks given by:
Will make good power. Altho ull have to find someone with bigger balls to map it, cant see anyone doing a good job otherwise...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: