New Newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Newbie
Hi guys new to the forum and new to a 306.

I have pretty much riding bikes for the past 7 years and cars for the past 5.

Any way my step father has given me a 306 2000model 1.9 non turbo diesel but that is going to change.

If possible i would like to know how difficult is it change the engine to 2.0 HDI also what is needed,

Turbo
Starter Motor
Gear Box
and what else lol

Thanks

Matthew
Thanks given by:
Aaaand the whole engine. A HDi is not the same as a DTurbo. And don't just strap a blower onto the NAD engine, you can pick up complete XUD engines for under £200 with gearbox and everything, should be a straight swap then pretty much.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So what do I need all in all??

I have a ph3 i think so i want to stick to a hdi and not a XUD
Thanks given by:
Depends if you want an XUD or HDi. If it's the NA diesel you have, the XUD would be the easier swap as there's f*ck all wiring to them, and no ECU. If you went down that route, you'd need the engine complete with fuel pump, manifolds and turbo, exhaust, gearbox...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so XUD is easier to do. What power gains can i expect?? Will i need to change the fuel Pump?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 03:26 PM)toughmat Wrote: so XUD is easier to do. What power gains can i expect?? Will i need to change the fuel Pump?

As said above isn't much point in putting a blower on a NAD they arnt designed to take a turbo, youd be better off just sticking and XUD in the and then you easily see 160 bhp with minimal out lay

besides buy the time you have souced all the individual parts for that nad it would cost more and wouldn't be as quick

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: