Need GT2056s advice URGENTLY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need GT2056s advice URGENTLY
Okay so I've just been ripped off. I bought an IVECO 2.8 turbo from eBay but it is NOT a f*cking GT2056S. It is a f*cking K03 which as you all know is f*cking useless!
[Image: P1010139_zps0b659b16.jpg]
I had NO idea there were other turbos fitted to those vans and the worst thing is all the f*cking eGay sellers do is give you some useless serial numbers off the units and NEVER state the f*cking model of turbo. I have tried to open a return case on eBay but it has been closed with the seller stating the following:

Quote:hi you have bought this item having seen the picture and also seeing the part number in the listing for you to cross reference with what you have. our listings state that correctly suplied parts will not be returned, you have had deliered exactly what you ordered and did not check part numbers before ordering you just thought you would try the cheapest turbo listed on ebay and try to make do at our expense, please order the correcyt parts and check part numbers kind regards andy aj spares. you can contact me on 07572107727 if you wish to discuss further thanks

I really want to f*ck this lady garden up now for various reasons, including what he said about "trying the cheapest turbo" when he has no idea that I have no idea about turbos. This is why I don't like this new turbo business, it seems to be so f*cking hit and miss unless you have an inbuilt database of turbos in your head like Ruan. I KNEW this would happen. I have a VERY expensive paperweight. Is there anything I can use this piece of shit for at all? I won't sell it because it does have shaft play and scoring on the compressor housing as well.

What is a guide price for a GT2056S?

Also, can someone tell me whether these turbos are GT2056S's or not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221228572954?s...1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281081550470?s...1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321138547148?s...1438.l2649

Why they can't just put the model name I don't know, would save all this f*cking guess work. Also I only have temporary full time work so this project has to be on a strict budget, stuff like this doesn't help. Thanks. Yes this post is long and frustrated but I had to wait 3 days to post it before my f*cking ban expired!
Thanks given by:
Did you check the part numbers? Google brings up a lot of information even though it may mean jack all to anyone else.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
To find my gt2056, I emailed each seller and asked:

"Assuming this is a Garrett, please send me a picture of the ID plate, or tell me all the numbers inc the number after GT."

I got lotsa helpful replies, and got mine in the end for £120.

Simples
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mate TBF that K03 is a good turbo, its bigger than the 306 K03's and is infact close to the VAG K03S size

IMO if you've bought it not checking the serial numbers then its your problem.
Thanks given by:
That's the trouble with Ebay buying and not knowing exactly what you need. I've spent hours searching what cars have what turbo's ect.
Annoying as it is he didn't really do anything wrong from what I can make out, he was selling a turbo for an Iveco and that's what he sold it as, not many people know about us sticking random turbo's on our diesel engines.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Can't see what the seller has done wrong.

Schoolboy error, suppose you'll learn from it
Thanks given by:
As said, seller has done nothing wrong. Live and learn
Thanks given by:
You want to f*ck him up for sending you exactly what you paid for? Riiiiiight...

When I was buying my TD04 I messaged each seller to ask them for the part numbers so I could work out which model it was. I ended up with exactly what I wanted.

You don't need to know as much as Ruan, although it'd help lol , you just have to take your time and make sure.
Thanks given by:
gota agree....sounds harsh....but he has sold you what you bought...a Iveco 2.8 turbo
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bad luck I'm afraid

But to be fair the seller, most people just want a replacement turbo for that vehicle, so not normally listed by turbo manufacturer model number. And turbos can vary even on same year - look at the 306 running K14 T2 GT15 ..etc - but both do same/similar job.

Just re-list it (after a clean poloish and take some decent photos) and move on. You never know you might even be able to make a profit on it?

From the ones you've listed, the Terrano and the Maverick turbos looks like T25 - so not what you're after.

and the Iveco looks like another K03

gt2056s aren't hugely abundant or cheap to get hold of - why not take the plunge and throw something else on and see how it goes?
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 08:36 PM)Anton Wrote: Did you check the part numbers? Google brings up a lot of information even though it may mean jack all to anyone else.

Hi. I found this list which I meant to put in my original post:

http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/catalogs...agina=GT20

(13-06-2013, 08:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: To find my gt2056, I emailed each seller and asked:

"Assuming this is a Garrett, please send me a picture of the ID plate, or tell me all the numbers inc the number after GT."

I got lotsa helpful replies, and got mine in the end for £120.

Simples

Hmm...that seems, I dunno. All of the Iveco units seem not to be GT2056S. I found one nearly new GT2052S but that was £250:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-TERRANO...19d8c06c6c

(13-06-2013, 08:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Mate TBF that K03 is a good turbo, its bigger than the 306 K03's and is infact close to the VAG K03S size

IMO if you've bought it not checking the serial numbers then its your problem.

It looks smaller than the K14 and I don't want to have any less power. I checked the serial numbers and google didn't return any results.

(13-06-2013, 09:08 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Bad luck I'm afraid

But to be fair the seller, most people just want a replacement turbo for that vehicle, so not normally listed by turbo manufacturer model number. And turbos can vary even on same year - look at the 306 running K14 T2 GT15 ..etc - but both do same/similar job.

Just re-list it (after a clean poloish and take some decent photos) and move on. You never know you might even be able to make a profit on it?

From the ones you've listed, the Terrano and the Maverick turbos looks like T25 - so not what you're after.

and the Iveco looks like another K03

gt2056s aren't hugely abundant or cheap to get hold of - why not take the plunge and throw something else on and see how it goes?

The dieselvante website (dieselvante.it) says that GT2056S's came on Terranos and Renault Trafics as well as Iveco 2.8s. I don't think that website is as good as people say it is because it doesn't tell you that there are a 100s of other types of turbos that also are fitted to the same vehicle.

I would throw something else on but I want to tune the XUD properly and if Ruan has analysed all of the compressor maps for different turbos and came up with the GT2052 and the GT2056 then those are the best turbos, no questions asked. And they provide boost in the mid range where the engine is less likely to chuck a rod because I don't have 100s of pounds for spare engines.

Any GT20 turbos seem rare as hen's teeth to get hold of, it's frustrating how easy these things are for some of the happy go lucky people on here!
Thanks given by:
its not easy chap...taken months of searching and research for many of us
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Someone correct me if im wrong but doont most XUDs spit there rods at idle or low revs ?
Thanks given by:
they can spit rods at idle, low revs, mid revs, high revs....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's mainly mid range toque that kills engines or badly set-up mapping/timing. Or just sheer power!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Well some people say it's low revs, some people say it's midrange, some ppl say it's high revs hence the popularity of TD04'ed lumps chucking rods as well. As Ruan said about his car, he is producing a lot of midrange but his rods have not gone yet so make of that what you will. Once the pistons have some momentum going they are less likely to strain the conrods with lateral forces I think, hence why midrange is the safest option, logically speaking. Anyway, any more advice on what to do with the K03 or how to find a GT2056S or GT2052S?
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 09:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: its not easy chap...taken months of searching and research for many of us

^^This. Hate to say it but if you've taken a plunge on something you haven't researched enough it's not the seller's fault. Mine came from a Vivaro, they came with various other turbo's too but if you ask for ALL the ID numbers on the turbo before you buy it you'll find something you can cross reference.

Dieselevante is a massively useful tool to find out what cars/vans came with what turbos. I don't understand why you're placing part of the blame on that site? You searched for a GT2056S, you were given suggestions of what it was fitted to. Nothing was to say they were the only turbos used on them?

And yes Ruan has been throwing loads of hints around about the GT's, they're good turbos within their own rights, but I can see this getting boring and every lady garden fitting one, they'd be the next TD04 if they were easier to get hold of..

FWIW.. I was first ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 07:58 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: FWIW.. I was first ninja

double ninja
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 08:20 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:

double ninja

Yours is different ninja
Thanks given by:
Trouble is, the XUD seems to be limited in which units it is suited to. A lot of those new van turbos seem to be GT15 units which is odd because there is a whole lot of difference between a GT15 and a GT20, I believe they have a GT17 inbetween them so they must have a significant size difference. I agree that it's not really the sellers fault as well, now I have calmed down I can see that. Also is a GT17 worth a punt or is it too small?

Anyone know what type this is:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SHOP-SOILE...5652a2d497

Seems reasonable at £200 but it looks quite small so I am thinking GT15 again? :/

Edit No2:

This one is definitely a Garrett:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-TRAFIC...3590423%26

But which one?
Thanks given by:
That's a GT1549 from the newer vans. You want the one from the engine code G9U. Be warned though that that particular one comes with a f*cking awkward compressor outlet that you WILL need to get choppy choppy with.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 08:21 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(14-06-2013, 08:20 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:

double ninja

Yours is different ninja

I heard size isn't everything ninjaninjaninja

(14-06-2013, 08:22 AM)306Puggy Wrote: Trouble is, the XUD seems to be limited in which units it is suited to. A lot of those new van turbos seem to be GT15 units which is odd because there is a whole lot of difference between a GT15 and a GT20, I believe they have a GT17 inbetween them so they must have a significant size difference. I agree that it's not really the sellers fault as well, now I have calmed down I can see that. Also is a GT17 worth a punt or is it too small?

Seems reasonable at £200 but it looks quite small so I am thinking GT15 again? :/

GT20 or bigger really, or go for a more modern GTB if you can pick one up cheap enough. Or another brand turbo?

or a K04 or a TD04 (there are some interesting TD04s fitted on Ivecos which look pretty good) - it may just be that Garrett compressor maps are easy to come by, and so easier to identify what might be suitable, they also have a turbo calculator tool - but say an engine of the same year came with both the golden gt20 AND a turbo from another manufacturer, whats to say the other turbo isn't well within the same specs? Can't be too far off, and I certainly wouldn't discount it straight away.
Thanks given by:
what he said ^^^^^^

L.O.L.

You're fail i'm afraid, The advert is spot on, it's your problem for not researching correctly.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 08:33 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(14-06-2013, 08:21 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(14-06-2013, 08:20 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: double ninja

Yours is different ninja

I heard size isn't everything ninjaninjaninja

(14-06-2013, 08:22 AM)306Puggy Wrote: Trouble is, the XUD seems to be limited in which units it is suited to. A lot of those new van turbos seem to be GT15 units which is odd because there is a whole lot of difference between a GT15 and a GT20, I believe they have a GT17 inbetween them so they must have a significant size difference. I agree that it's not really the sellers fault as well, now I have calmed down I can see that. Also is a GT17 worth a punt or is it too small?

GT20 or bigger really, or go for a more modern GTB if you can pick one up cheap enough. Or another brand turbo?

or a K04 or a TD04 (there are some interesting TD04s fitted on Ivecos which look pretty good) - it may just be that Garrett compressor maps are easy to come by, and so easier to identify what might be suitable, they also have a turbo calculator tool - but say an engine of the same year came with both the golden gt20 AND a turbo from another manufacturer, whats to say the other turbo isn't well within the same specs? Can't be too far off, and I certainly wouldn't discount it straight away.

lol size is ALWAYS everything.. I want a 60mm compressor now tbh. Saying that I need more fuel before i'd even need a 60mm compressor!

And yeah. At the end of the day the van was sold as a 2.8TD, NOT a Garrett 2.8TD. Personally I couldn't find much info about the K03's so i steered clear even though there were hundreds of them available, just like the XUD came with one of four (?) blowers, they all drove pretty similarly.
Thanks given by:
Anyone know what unit this is? I think it is a GT15 as the outlet pipe looks familiar. I have PM'ed the seller but no reply.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281118955797?r...26_rdc%3D1
Thanks given by:
You won't find one on the 2.0 vans. Told you already, G9U engine code
Thanks given by:
Is this a GT20? He says it is but I'm not sure I believe him for that price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z20net-Garrett...3a81f17031
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, dirt cheap. Just bought it.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
You've got to be shitting me? I just find a good priced unit and you've just bought it!? Nah, I don't believe you. You are trying to tempt me to just click "buy it now" and then I am gonna find out that it's just a gt15 or T2 or something equally as useless. I'm not gonna fall for that. Edit: Yeah, just looked at the advert and they are still 2 available. I guess it was the latter then.
Thanks given by:
The advert says its a GT2052 so id guess its a GT2052, maybe im wrong.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Urgently required, GTi matrix hose Chris 0 696 29-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Chris
Video help needed urgently. bingham123456 10 2,120 29-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bingham123456
  GI: Nearly new GT2056S cwspellowe 26 4,914 28-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe