not a peugeot, but still...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a peugeot, but still...
hi, i'm jan aka ladanivabelgium and i drive a Lada Niva with Citroën Xantia 1.9TD engine.
I will have several questions for the td section on this forum Undecided

my ride:

[Image: 4b4ad5f_zpsabc97016.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_1430_zpse29393ee.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hope you already had that tow hooked up and wrapped round the front before taking it swimming, nothing like trying to hook one up under water where you can't see anything.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! That looks amazing, you should put up a build/project thread Smile
Thanks given by:
cool! RWD?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:15 AM)Piggy Wrote: cool! RWD?!

Please don't tell me you just asked th... No.. Really?

Facepalm...
Thanks given by:
It's been mounted longitudinally rather than transversely, it could well have been converted to rwd
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:42 AM)Scott Wrote: It's been mounted longitudinally rather than transversely, it could well have been converted to rwd

Yes true buy you will prib find it has a transfer box mounted to the end off it for 4 wheel drive. It would be pretty usless off road with just RWD

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
4 wheel drive, with 100% locker in the transfer case and a torssen diff in the rear axle
Thanks given by:
Sweet 4'by! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
welcome, looks awesome! more pics needed!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Interesting; lets see the engine spec Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
no spectacular specs: stock 1,9TD with KKK at stock boost.
Must still install an intercooler and an oil cooler. Then we'll see about a stage one

Pulls like a mad man (in Niva terms). Very short ratio: top speed is 140 kph in 5th and then it hits the rev limitter
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 07:20 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(13-06-2013, 07:15 AM)Piggy Wrote: cool! RWD?!

Please don't tell me you just asked th... No.. Really?

Facepalm...

This. Doh
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 05:02 PM)ladanivabelgium Wrote: no spectacular specs: stock 1,9TD with KKK at stock boost.
Must still install an intercooler and an oil cooler. Then we'll see about a stage one

Pulls like a mad man (in Niva terms). Very short ratio: top speed is 140 kph in 5th and then it hits the rev limitter

Blimey. XUD's seem to rev quite well with the standard box, you must be buzzing through those gears properly rapid.
Thanks given by:
yep, when accelerating hard i shift to 5th just over 100 kph

don't mind the temperature gauge in the video, i've got an other set for that:

[Image: IMG_2217_zps99ff8f32.jpg]

It's a pleasant ride (again: in Niva termsBig Grin), but the high revs on the highway make the engine hotter then i'd like. Oil temp is well over 100°C and fans are working hard to keep water temp below 90°C. An ic and an oil cooler will improve that, but this build has cost me a lot already and i must wait for funds Undecided

I think i'll buy some stuff at FCS, where my son will be with his Clio 1 16V

BTW: where can i find a stage 1 how to?
Thanks given by:
Look for some videos, on Youtube, from darrenjlobb, he's done loads of XUD related videos and he knows his stuff.
Thanks given by:
thanks, found it
Thanks given by:
Wink 
am back Big Grin and need some more info about an intercooler. I'm running 16 psi without an intercooler and inlet air is getting way too hot. I can't put a front mounted intercooler on it since i use this thing for offroading. I have very little room under the hood so that's also a problem. What size interooler do i need? I have a stock intercooler from a R5 Gtt, would that be ok?

Btw: i was at fcs last weekend with my son and his Clio 16valver. Have seen some nice 306's
Thanks given by:
If struggling for space, a small charged intercooler would maybe a possibility

Or a small one plus water injection but I cant imagine you have the need for that yet!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
thanks

i will posty a picture of the gtt intercooler later today or tomorrow. See what you guys think about it. Remember that i (almost) always drive at high revs because of the short gear ratio. Top speed (i never do that) is 140 km/h and hitting rev limiter
Thanks given by:
this is the ic i plan to install:
[Image: IMG_1437_zps68209a5b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's a sweet looking conversion. I have the same engine in a Suzuki Vitara.
Thanks given by: