driveshaft or ball joint?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
driveshaft or ball joint?
Right guys just took my coilies out and put in springs but now have a loud clonking from the drivers side when turning right or when I hit a dip in the road on the right wheel.

The is driveshaft boot was loosing grease so we repacked it but still there. Going to sort it today but need an indication that it would be either one of those two?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like top mount bearing to me
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Way to test? I thought driveshaft because of the amount of grease it lost but not sure
Thanks given by:
Get someone to turn the steering lock to lock while you look at the top mount under the bonnet see if you can hear it clunk, a driveshaft will usually click while goin round a corner not really lock to lock
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Well when going around a roundabout it does clonk repeatedly. I will check the top mounts

Okay so just went to a car park and drove on circles full cut to the right and no clonk. Seems to be mainly when the right wheel goes up/down. still happens when turning right around a corner though, nothing when turning left
Thanks given by:
check the topmount 6mm fixing bolts for length they might be catching the spring on turning
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ball joint/ Hub to strut pinch bolts Uberderv 7 2,425 04-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  fitting a front suspension ball joint impotentials 3 2,029 29-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Bottom ball joint sizes Xsikid 4 1,658 04-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Paul_13