6' Owners i need your help..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6' Owners i need your help..
Yeah its good giving people some coal :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think petrols are more fun tbh, you don't need big power in a petrol to have fun but you do a diesel. Plus the petrol sounds better, smells better, regs higher and has a better power delivery imo. Ofcoure its all down to preference though.

I don't think MANY people would choose a derv over a perv if money wasn't involved
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Its personal preference, yes a perv has more power to start with, but theres much more room for improvement with a derv
How so? I think theres more room for improvement in a 6.
90 bhp to 220bhp ish from a derv. Maybe more but in a 6 they can go from 167 to 560 ish
But yeah personal preference

Well when you can get nearly double stock power, with nothing more than a intercooler, remap and uprated clutch at a cost of lets say >£500 what would £500 get you on a 6? Not alot
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Agreed but you didnt say anything about money :-P just said derv has more room for improvement :-P
Thanks given by:
Yeh but most of the big power dervs are always broken ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How is cost not more room? The less things cost, the more you can do...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Yeh but most of the big power dervs are always broken ha ha
No no no darrens is fine!

Oh

Lol

Sorry darren
Thanks given by:
Well with this Forged Rods group buy, expect a wave of XUDs pushing 200bhp. As I already said, the more people that invest in it, the more reliable things will become
Thanks given by:
Ha ha but darrens is in another league so dont count!! and brynlwynog or what ever his proper name is and Dum dum's truly epic hatch, Ruans, padges, only one I think that hasn't failed is jp's
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well we did pretty good guys; got nearly 2months without a petrol vs diesel thread.

There are advantages to both, and there are disadvantages to both.

Ultimately they're totally different to drive, and it's down to personal preference.

The OPs question has sortof been answered already, so can we desist from getting into the perv vs derv battle again, it never reaches a conclusion, and there's never any point in it.

For my tuppence-orth, if you're modding on a budget, then keep the hdi; you'll get a far bigger increase in useable power for very little spent in comparison to a GTi. From what I have seen 30-70s a stage2 mapped hdi is quicker than a '6. It'll certainly feel faster with all that torque arriving in so few rpms anyway!! EVERYTHING is expensive with the GTi6; hence why mine is not on the road. I'm driving a cheap 2nd car to save for fun bits for the '6. I know few people find themselves in this fortunate position, and I would certainly not be able to spend what I plan to if I'd been driving it all winter; the fuel bill would have crippled me.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:Well we did pretty good guys; got nearly 2months without a petrol vs diesel thread.

There are advantages to both, and there are disadvantages to both.

Ultimately they're totally different to drive, and it's down to personal preference.

The OPs question has sortof been answered already, so can we desist from getting into the perv vs derv battle again, it never reaches a conclusion, and there's never any point in it.

For my tuppence-orth, if you're modding on a budget, then keep the hdi; you'll get a far bigger increase in useable power for very little spent in comparison to a GTi. From what I have seen 30-70s a stage2 mapped hdi is quicker than a '6. It'll certainly feel faster with all that torque arriving in so few rpms anyway!! EVERYTHING is expensive with the GTi6; hence why mine is not on the road. I'm driving a cheap 2nd car to save for fun bits for the '6. I know few people find themselves in this fortunate position, and I would certainly not be able to spend what I plan to if I'd been driving it all winter; the fuel bill would have crippled me.

Plus the NAD wagon is so full of lulz its win Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well with this Forged Rods group buy, expect a wave of XUDs pushing 200bhp. As I already said, the more people that invest in it, the more reliable things will become

Xuds? People should be moving on to newer more efficient engines imo.....why waste money on 20 plus year old energy wasting technology?

Fair enough anyone doing it as a project, but I think for the majority of people who just want a quick car would better off starting with a more modern electronic DI engine for bigger gains.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Well with this Forged Rods group buy, expect a wave of XUDs pushing 200bhp. As I already said, the more people that invest in it, the more reliable things will become

Xuds? People should be moving on to newer more efficient engines imo.....why waste money on 20 plus year old energy wasting technology?

Fair enough anyone doing it as a project, but I think for the majority of people who just want a quick car would better off starting with a more modern electronic DI engine for bigger gains.

Because mechanical injection is ftw Tongue
Thanks given by:
People are always going to do things because they want to. It doesn't matter how logical you are about things, there will always be someone who will do it 'for the lolz' or because they want to see what happens. If they ask for advice then give it, but there's no point trying to convince people otherwise without them asking Smile
Thanks given by: