Selling up..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling up..
Thumbs Down 
So after a LOT of thinking, I have decided the 306 love is not there Sad

I just can't justify sinking lots of cash into a car that I worry whether it will break every 20 seconds. I can much a much nicer car for that cash.

Already know what I'm getting, top secret though.

If anyone wants any bits off my hdi let me know, got an xud engine here with full new belts and bits.

Don't worry though I will be sticking around xx
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Why is everyone getting rid of their 306?! Is something going on I don't know about?!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Why are so many people on here losing their love for the 306 and selling/breaking there 306 Sad
Thanks given by:
This has what's put me off getting another 306 still in the back of my mind if I get another engine could shit it's self at any time

Thanks given by:
At the end of the day no engine is ever going to be 100% reliable what ever car/engine.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 05:46 AM)Grant Wrote: Why is everyone getting rid of their 306?! Is something going on I don't know about?!

Shit, he's on to us!
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 05:58 AM)Frosty Wrote: At the end of the day no engine is ever going to be 100% reliable what ever car/engine.

Yer but the problem is most of us modify them to get more power to keep up with the modern cars, modifying kills cars that's what I believe (never stoped me modifying tho lol) if you can go and get a modem car with more power that what we modify a 306 to be at why not, I would do the same if I could afford a moden car.

Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 06:07 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 05:58 AM)Frosty Wrote: At the end of the day no engine is ever going to be 100% reliable what ever car/engine.

Yer but the problem is most of us modify them to get more power to keep up with the modern cars, modifying kills cars that's what I believe (never stoped me modifying tho lol) if you can go and get a modem car with more power that what we modify a 306 to be at why not, I would do the same if I could afford a moden car.

Agree but the last bit you put is the reason why I guess most of us on here have 306s is cuz they are cheap car for the money. And the fact that pretty much every 306 out there has done at least 100k and are all 10+ years old. Any car that is that age and milage will start having problems.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 06:24 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 06:07 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Agree but the last bit you put is the reason why I guess most of us on here have 306s is cuz they are cheap car for the money. And the fact that pretty much every 306 out there has done at least 100k and are all 10+ years old. Any car that is that age and milage will start having problems.

Oh yer i agree that to defo tbh no matter what car you get your always going to run in to problems eventually. The 306 is getting old now tho and defo a dieing breed, but im sure i will have another one if i can find a decent one that is. but living for the 106 at the moment lol

Thanks given by:
Stick to it dec. I started falling out of love with mine but now stuff is finally getting done its exciting.

Dont give up get the xud in there first.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 07:41 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Stick to it dec. I started falling out of love with mine but now stuff is finally getting done its exciting.

Dont give up get the xud in there first.

This but unfortunately due to where he lives, he will go and buy a Vauxhall and abuse every single other car owner in the UK for not owning a Vauxhall because they are the most awesome thing ever.

R.I.P Dec. We loved you for who you were.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You used to be cool man!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Don't do it!
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:02 AM)Reginald Doe Wrote: You used to be cool man!
This

You know that more modern cars break down just as often as older ones they just cost more to repair and its all stuff you cant fix yourself.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:11 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 08:02 AM)Reginald Doe Wrote: You used to be cool man!
This

You know that more modern cars break down just as often as older ones they just cost more to repair and its all stuff you cant fix yourself.

Nonsense. Vauxhalls are the most reliable car on the planet. So much so, their garages only exist to PDI the brand new ones......
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
TBH - we all know the routine; Breaking thread goes up, check out my new vag, vag broke, check out my jap car, jap car is too expensive, Wanted: 306 DT.

See you soon ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:16 AM)ginge191 Wrote: TBH - we all know the routine; Breaking thread goes up, check out my new vag, vag broke, check out my jap car, jap car is too expensive, Wanted: 306 DT.

See you soon ThumbsUp

QFT . . . . . . . .i've been around a long time on these forums now and it's funny how often this happens . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Amen ^^^
Thanks given by:
It's not happening like that I'm afraid guys Sad

I would much rather spend £xxxx on a decent, big engined and PETROL car Sad sadly the 306 doesn't cut it anymore. A couple of people on here know what it is, hopefully you won't hate me Sad

It's not jap crap! Or VW
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
MG or vectra...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 09:35 AM)Connor Wrote: MG or vectra...

Doh
Thanks given by:
Vag or gm
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Join team ro..mg Wink
But know that feel , for me it was just the experience of going from a 306 interior to a polo of similar age and seeing how nice and modern it was on comparison. If you turned it into a daily stripped out track slag then it'd be okau. #slowlybecomibgtoms30y
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 09:38 AM)lolsteve Wrote: for me it was just the experience of going from a 306 interior to a polo of similar age and seeing how nice and modern it was on comparison.

An MG interior is more modern and luxurious than that to a decent phase 3 interior Confused ?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 09:39 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 09:38 AM)lolsteve Wrote: for me it was just the experience of going from a 306 interior to a polo of similar age and seeing how nice and modern it was on comparison.

An MG interior is more modern and luxurious than that to a decent phase 3 interior Confused ?

Yep. Weird, but loads more glove box space, the centre console is not wobbly, the dash is padded foam not just hard plastic, cd player right next to gear stick so can adjust sound whilst hand on gear stick because racecar. The seats are like hybrid of bucket seats but with the comfort of s16 although the rears are pretty hard but that's the passengers problem. The roof lining is really soft, which is a weird thing to point out but it is.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
every car you buy is the best thing ever at first . . if you're still saying it 6 months down the line then fair play . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Surly has to be a bimmer ?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Bloody hope so Jake lol, not sure I could with another disastra on the forum.

Modding only breaks cars when you get it wrong, besides thats half the fun! Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
LOL if your getting a BMW you better be friendly with your local tyre place and the local Police otherwise you'll spend a fortune on rear tyres and have no licence very quickly (in my experience obv). Never had any points on my licence in 10 years except in my 3 months of BMW ownership.

Agree with poodle, if you get a Vauxhall of any sort your gonna join the 100% warning club.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 12:35 PM)Poodle Wrote: Modding only breaks cars when you get it wrong

This. And usually to a budget. If it's done right with supporting mods then it will be fine. Just strapping on a big blower to an XUD and doubling the power does have a fair amount of inevitability!
Thanks given by: