OEM HDI estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OEM HDI estate
Very nice motor, now looking at mine and thinking about spending cash I don't have.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile

IF i can afford it I am hoping to buy some 30mm springs to drop the front more to sit lower than the back, but MOT is due in a couple of weeks, so if i find anything more important I need to replace first then springs will need to wait.

Also hoping to get 4 wheel alignment done soon, never had the tracking done since lowering and it has never handled properly since!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
So after much thought, I have decided to keep the estate, I like it too much, plus I can have something with half decent power and economy with it which I would miss!

So today since I can't drive it until the MOT re test tomorrow, thought I would give it a good wash, and got pretty annoyed as it's somehow got some pretty nasty scratches on the O/S, and also it's losing a lot of paint from the boot lid :/ I think I need to pay to get a full paint correction done, once I have sourced a new bootlid..

Also unsure on what to do suspension wise, I think this beam has a lot of camber so I might try and source a rebuilt beam to replace it with, and raise it up again because it's just too rough round here to have a low hard riding car and have fun. Unfortunatly it means I will be going to cyclones because these wheels don't look right with arch gap Sad

O and here's a picture.. This post seems empty without one.
[Image: IMG_1474.jpg]
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear you keeping it pal...

Keep the wheels and getting fatter tyres?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
These wheels look awful with fatter tyres, the 406 coupe is a prime example!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Lower it more then.
Thanks given by:
Tempted to just stick it on 60mm springs and see if I can cope with it or not, love the way it looks at the minute apart from the nose up stance..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Mines dropped about 70mm on GTi6 60mm springs and soon to be more with extra engine weight.
Thanks given by: