whistling on passenger wingmirror above 50mph

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whistling on passenger wingmirror above 50mph
As title really, above 50mph get a strange whistling from the passenger side air vent / mirror cant quite narrow it down!

Have had a good look around the mirror cap and that, seems sitting flush and proper,

Any ideas?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
wiper blade??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Close your window!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tape over all the gaps on the wing mirror. If it stops, it's that. Simples
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I wasnt joking about the wiper.

I have been assuming my wingmirror been whistling when I notice the end of the blade on passenger side rests just off the edge of the window...wipe the screen and the whistle goes away for a second!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Has your screen rubber popped out? Happened on the estate and caused an annoying wind rush at speed.
Thanks given by:
Yeh my estate the one tom is talking about... once you go over 70 (+10) ninja the windscreen seal popsout of the top and the noise is rediculous! First time it happened i thought a tyre had burst and continued to drive down the M6 with caution lights on till i got to a services. Then when i stopped I found no problem what so ever. Took me a week to figure it out!
Thanks given by:
ok cheers guys will check all of these Big Grin

Much appreciated!

Andy
Thanks given by:
I had an annoying whistle from my drivers wing mirror which took a while to find the cause. the painted cover was slightly loose underneath (i think it must have been taken off before) and air was passing through it. It was only a tiny gap. I replaced the mirror but you could probably stick it down with double sided trim tape if that's the problem
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question removing wingmirror caps without breaking clips??? Mattcheese31 21 5,865 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Last Post: cully