Another one bites the dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust
Stopped at a motorway services yesterday, and when I got back in the car, she wouldn't start. Sounded like a sticky starter solenoid. Push start and away we go. So this morning I've changed the starter motor and now when you turn the key there's nothing. Dash lights are a bit odd too, the oil and battery light dim when the fuel pump kicks in, and then stay dim. Any ideas guys?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Bad ground / battery connection somewhere, sounds like the engine ground given both those lights are grounded via engine.

Put jump lead from batt negative to a good ground point on the engine, and try.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Possibly a f*cked alternator or battery.
Thanks given by:
Well yeh, im advising on the assumption you have already confirmed batt isnt dead heh...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(28-05-2013, 09:34 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Well yeh, im advising on the assumption you have already confirmed batt isnt dead heh...

Yeah that's the first thing I'll check tonight lol

Thanks given by:
Darren was right Smile

I've temp fixed it by making a new negative terminal to one of the passenger top mount bolts, then made another one from the driver's side topmount to the top engine mount. Cranks faster too now!

Thanks given by:
You can always tell when you have engine grounding problems if things are dim / go dim under motoring, but only on sensors / devices that ground via the engine loom. sometimes you notice that steerings makes these lights dim, thats because the grounds so fooked the motors grounding thro the driveshafts / wheel bearings, hence steering alters its connection.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah, just remembered also the EGT gauge kept dropping out too, doesn't do it anymore lol

Cheers fella.

Thanks given by: