Locking wheel nut

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking wheel nut
Got some new discs and pads to put on the ph3 estate yesterday, spent over an hour looking for the locking wheel nut only to find it and it break trying to undo the nut on the first wheel Angry

I believe it's one of the original peugeot 4 pin type ones, looks too shallow to get any purchase on it by whacking a socket over it.

Any hints or tips for getting it off good people?
I will be reverting to normal bolts once I get the feckers off

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I used a 13mm, I think, socket to get mine off. Was having trouble getting it to move on the ground, so jack it up to take the pressure off the wheel and it's just about held enough for me to get it out.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 10:10 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I used a 13mm, I think, socket to get mine off. Was having trouble getting it to move on the ground, so jack it up to take the pressure off the wheel and it's just about held enough for me to get it out.

Cheers dude, was that on a 4 pin type to?
Thanks given by:
Yep the peugeot type. I lost the key too but luckily I only had that on one wheel.

I went to the Peugeot dealer and went through their box of keys but couldn't find a decent match as I've found the nuts like to round off a little meaning they wouldn't bite properly.
Thanks given by:
As said smash a socket over it done loads this way doesn't take long Wink

Thanks given by:
Well a mate of mine works at peugeot, so I went round there and had a rummage around in 50 or so keys.

2 kind of fitted, they're now broken

I got one off by hammering a socket on, still fighting the second
Thanks given by:
2nd one off, same method, different size socket Big Grin

At least I can change my front discs and pads now
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing locking wheel nuts? Colactix 12 2,978 13-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Colactix
  Locking wheel nut help karl1989 15 3,537 18-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Last Post: ConorTRG