Help, broke down!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, broke down!
Ah, that says 'component disconnected', would explain the high resisitance...did you leave it plugged in when you tested between the pins on the ECU plug?
Thanks given by:
Yeh I left it plugged in as surely if I disconnect it then it wont be able to measure the resistance? I assumed it ment the ecu plug disconnected? I tryed the same thing with the fpr and I got nothing when disconnected then I got the correct reading when I plugged it in?

Edit

Just checked by doing the ohms test on the fpr and with it disconnected I didnt get anything but when I plug it in I get the correct resistance. It must mean the ecu plug or wherever your taking the reading from.
Thanks given by:
Oh, yeah you're right, I wasn't thinking, of course you can't read it with the sensor unplugged lol. lol

Next step would be to test the sensor itself, that will check if the short is in the sensor, or the wiring.
Thanks given by:
Thought it was me going mad lol

Yep will have to do that tomorrow tho not. Going to have a look on autodata and see if the sensor goes thorough any sort of fuse or anything or straight to the ecu.

Looks like it goes straight to the ecu. so surely its the sensor, as the wiring should measure 0ohms if there ok but I am measuring less ohms than I should. Am I right in thinking?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it'll go straight to the ECU, I'd go with the sensor shorting out and being at fault then! You're clearly better at this electriconic thought process than I am lol.
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2013, 07:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah it'll go straight to the ECU, I'd go with the sensor shorting out and being at fault then! You're clearly better at this electriconic thought process than I am lol.

I dont know lol maybe with my dad being a electrician I have learned a thing or 2.

This is a quick video of what the sensor measures

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf...205738.mp4
Thanks given by:
Do these videos work for anyone else? Beginning to think it's my computer...

You might want to check the wires for continuity before replacing the sensor, just to make sure. But otherwise that definitely sounds like it's your problem, hope it sorts it for you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No the vids never work here either lol....
Thanks given by:
Don't know about the vids is strange.

Yeh going to check the wires and if there ok will get a sensor. Thanks lads will let you know.

Just wondering why the code didn't come back?
Thanks given by:
Is a bit odd the code didnt come back, thats why I reckon it might be a wiring fault rather than the sensor itself, thats just me speculating though.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh I know what your saying but I would of thought if it was I wiring fault then the resistance would be higher not lower?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that'd make sense wouldn't it... Rolleyes

Maybe thats our problem, we're trying to apply logic to french electrics lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have you changed the sensor yet then? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Well what a bloody pain.

Unplugged the connecter, tested the sensor, reads bang in the middle of what it should. Tested the wiring and didnt get any connectivity so obviously nakerd wires. Changed the wiring, connected all back up and now reads the correct resistance at the ecu plug. But...... wont start Angry no idea what to do now...???

One thing, im 80% sure that I got the right wire to the right pin on the ecu from looking on autodata but its not very clear as it doesn't say witch is the voltage and which is the return to the ecu. Didn't want to swap them as it could possibly nakker something?
Thanks given by:
Ah man, shame that didn't fix it! :/
Thanks given by:
Can anyone make anything of this? Which is supposed to me the voltage?

Thanks given by:
Swapped the wires over and still doesnt fire Huh
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, swap them back and get the code reader on there again I guess, running out of options now... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Have done mate. Going to get someone out later he only charges £40 and I know he is a decent guy so after see what he says.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a good option tbh mate, let us know how you get on.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 11:42 AM)Poodle Wrote: let us know how you get on.

This! So annoying when people fix things and don't report back lol. lol
Thanks given by:
Well not fixed yet mate. Someone been and read the codes and the only one he got was p0340 which he says is camshaft/crankshaft sensor synchronization. Although when I look it up it only says the camshaft sensor? Would the camshaft sensor stop it from starting tho?

It started on easy start anyway so its not slipped a tooth.

Wasnt 100% happy really with what he said as I have double checked the ohms of the crank sensor and all is fine and the cam sensor sort of checks out. Although not 100% how to check it.
Thanks given by:
The cam sensor could stop it, yeah. Again, you could find out it's wiring.

Have you tried again after clearing the code?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh I have. Checked the wiring and thats fine.not sure how to test the cam sensor its self tho as it doesnt say in autodata.
Thanks given by:
Ah bugger, don't know on that one i'm afraid mate.

Have you tried running her up on brake cleaner or easy start?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh mate it started on easy start, think I said back s couple posts ago.
Thanks given by:
drag it down the road and bump her at 30 in 3rd, get some more cranking speed.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It won't stay running tho will it? Wont be able to get it back up the road lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry missed that lol.

It may get her running, worth a try. Got to be someone around who can tow you back up the hill?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If it doesn't start like that, just leave it there....its not like anyone can nick it. Tongue

But seriously, this is why I hate electronic faults, can be such a pain to trace! If I was you, I'd go to the scrappy and get some spare sensors to swap in and out. I binned all the ones from my HDi last week, I'd have posted you them if I still had them. :/
Thanks given by: