now a member or team shitting conrod! :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
now a member or team shitting conrod! :(
(06-05-2013, 11:37 PM)Tom Wrote: This thread scares me :/

Good luck lmao

Thanks given by:
fsh yeah maybe . . . . although if i sell mine it'll not have anything for the last few years, i do most stuff myself and don't usually bother saving receipts, still gets an oil change every 6 months though . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: fsh yeah maybe . . . . although if i sell mine it'll not have anything for the last few years, i do most stuff myself and don't usually bother saving receipts, still gets an oil change every 6 months though . .Wink

I know what you mean. I do my services and work my self. But I still write it in the book. May not be stamped but it's there. Also I keep recipes in with my service book
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:34 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 08:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: fsh yeah maybe . . . . although if i sell mine it'll not have anything for the last few years, i do most stuff myself and don't usually bother saving receipts, still gets an oil change every 6 months though . .Wink

I know what you mean. I do my services and work my self. But I still write it in the book. May not be stamped but it's there. Also I keep recipes in with my service book

just can't be arsed mate tbh, i paid 350 quid for the car i've put 30k on her already, it's not gonna make shit all difference to the price if i sold her really . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'm in the same boat as Matt. The car's such a bodge of various other cars and stuff i've not kept track of all the oil changes etc. One thing's for sure though, that's five oil changes in 12 months.

lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh in your case it won't make a difference, but on a newer car if you're doing your own servicing you should write it in the book at least. I do tend to keep receipts as well, just to bulk out the SH if nothing else.
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh in your case it won't make a difference, but on a newer car if you're doing your own servicing you should write it in the book at least. I do tend to keep receipts as well, just to bulk out the SH if nothing else.

well durrr. . . . . yeah it's a no-brainer, not for me though . . Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh in your case it won't make a difference, but on a newer car if you're doing your own servicing you should write it in the book at least. I do tend to keep receipts as well, just to bulk out the SH if nothing else.

True. I kept all the receipts on the GTi and noted EVERYTHING but that got scrapped, and the tank isn't going to get sold in one piece. Even if I broke it, everyone would be aware it's a DHY with a GT2056 strapped to it.

A new car i'd actually get a little folder up on my bookcase and document absolutely everything. The tank.. not so much lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have receipts for almost everything ever bought for the truck tub, shame that Itl be scrapped soon(unless anyone wants a white 5 door shell?)..at least I know the engine is a good base for a forged rebuild
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:55 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:

True. I kept all the receipts on the GTi and noted EVERYTHING but that got scrapped, and the tank isn't going to get sold in one piece. Even if I broke it, everyone would be aware it's a DHY with a GT2056 strapped to it.

A new car i'd actually get a little folder up on my bookcase and document absolutely everything. The tank.. not so much lol

That was aimed at Matt really, but you jumped in before me lol.

But yeah.....does seem a little pointless if you know you're gonna scrap/break it. Was a bit gutting when I ended up binning the complete full VW service history from the Golf after breaking it, and the service book and a few scraps of paper that I got with the HDi as well lol. But I will still keep the history unless I buy another complete shitter...and if I do it probably won't get serviced anyway lol.

But then my Mum shredded all the service history (except the book) with the 6 year old and 3 year old, 1 owner, cars that she traded in last year! She didn't want anyone seeing her name, address or part of her card number. Doh
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2013, 08:55 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: A new car i'd actually get a little folder up on my bookcase and document absolutely everything. The tank.. not so much lol

i do this for everything the car gets even tax reminder slips
have for most of the cars i own since leaving home
people are more interested in a car if it has history even iff the service book is not stamped uptodate
stuff that proves milage is worth gold
Thanks given by:
Shame chris. What mileage was she on, mileage since last service?

I'd of happily spent 500 on the Diablo HDI tho. I'd of enjoyed it. Looked like it had plenty of potential, 5 door in one of the best colours for a 306.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Td04 15g 6k+ stil going well its the luck of the draw IMO
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2013, 08:53 AM)Arron Wrote: Shame chris. What mileage was she on, mileage since last service?

I'd of happily spent 500 on the Diablo HDI tho. I'd of enjoyed it. Looked like it had plenty of potential, 5 door in one of the best colours for a 306.

She was on 172,000miles last service was at 169,500 full senthic oil etc

Some more pics of damage wondered why the back of the car was covered in oil, it had put a hole in sump, snapped cam shaft, defo a write off

[Image: 306blue5_zpsbf1c3355.jpg]
[Image: 306blue4-1_zps832f116e.jpg]
[Image: 306blue6-1_zps0a5e885f.jpg]
[Image: 306blue7-1_zps766552e0.jpg]

So thats it all stripped ready for scrappy tomorrow was such a nice car to drive such a shame :'(

Thanks given by:
Man the f up duct tape turn the radio up and drive on not a problem
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2013, 10:41 AM)cully Wrote: Man the f up duct tape turn the radio up and drive on not a problem

lmao

Thanks given by:
O dear. 172k tho... had a good innings I'd say!! Quite a way to go tho....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member of the team Niall 15 2,480 15-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  another conrod fail CJ_Derv 22 4,113 22-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  If Carlsberg did conrod failures.... Niall 22 4,862 07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Dave